Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Something weird going on with the release here. The biggest theater chain in the Netherlands doesn't feature the movie at all on its front page and it comes out next week. Like normally tickets for a tentpole feature like this would be available two weeks in advance.

I don't know if there's some stuff going on with the theater count or whatever, but it's just very weird.:patrice:

In the Hague they have a giant Aquaman poster on the cinema (Spuimarkt), indeed no no presales yet and the app features All You Need Is Love and Harry Potter as highlights.

They just renovated all of the IMAX theatres into Laser IMAX so you would think this is the time to draw even more people into this movie. Maybe WB fukked around with the rights.

We do get it earlier than the US by 8 days, maybe that's somehow related.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
In the Hague they have a giant Aquaman poster on the cinema (Spuimarkt), indeed no no presales yet and the app features All You Need Is Love and Harry Potter as highlights.

They just renovated all of the IMAX theatres into Laser IMAX so you would think this is the time to draw even more people into this movie. Maybe WB fukked around with the rights.

We do get it earlier than the US by 8 days, maybe that's somehow related.
The non-highlights on the website and app stood out the most to me. You could literally check online and have no clue it's coming out next week unless you search specifically for the movie. That makes no sense.

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The non-highlights on the website and app stood out the most to me. You could literally check online and have no clue it's coming out next week unless you search specifically for the movie. That makes no sense.

Yeah it doesn't even show up in the "verwacht" while there's 3 versions of Ralph there. Strange.

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
:mindblown:

Always thought you were American. This is awesome

You guys get movies over there as soon as us? Do y’all have your own Dutch movies and actors?

We get Aquaman next week :blessed:

But Spideyverse on the 20th :patrice:

Creed II Jan 10th :gucci:

It's mostly aligned now, I think studios generally go for worldwide releases just to avoid the downloads and have all the streaming/Blu-Ray releases lined up. There's the odd case, like Creed II, where we get it 2 months later for god knows what reason.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:mindblown:

Always thought you were American. This is awesome

You guys get movies over there as soon as us? Do y’all have your own Dutch movies and actors?

As @Soymuscle Mike said, nowadays it's generally more aligned. We tend to get foreign/arthouse films a bit faster. On the other hand, a lot of Oscar movies drop late (January/February) to eat of the Oscar nominations after they dropped early in the States for their eligibility.

@TheGodling I see some dates opening up in the Hague for the 4dx showings.
Yeah, I got the notification. Still no mention of it on the main site of Pathé, lol.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
they got a HDCAM joint online right now.
:huhldup:

i didnt know that Mortal Engines shyt came out already??

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They talking bout possibly doing 200m+ in China:whew:

The only ones to do that are Venom and Avengers :wow:
The combo of James Wan being of Chinese descent and horny Chinese broads lusting after Jason Momoa is gonna make Aquaman a blockbuster in China.