Apple updates 13-inch MacBook Pro with Magic Keyboard, double the storage, and faster performance

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
quoted from random thoughts thread

Base model of i3/256GB SSD and 8 GB of ram will suit you fine. Webcam isn't great if you buy this model. Your tasks will be handled without issue. I can see some slowdowns if you're running video editing and a bunch of tabs, but with your stated usage you'll be fine.

Looking at better spec 2020 Air's, that money is better off going to a macbook pro.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Base model of i3/256GB SSD and 8 GB of ram will suit you fine. Webcam isn't great if you buy this model. Your tasks will be handled without issue. I can see some slowdowns if you're running video editing and a bunch of tabs, but with your stated usage you'll be fine.

Looking at better spec 2020 Air's, that money is better off going to a macbook pro.
that's what I went with. so far no issues. had to upload a shyt ton of documents. had no problems. I just can't get with the scrolling with 2 fingers. I do love the fact that it synced with my phone nicely. I'm using it now because my phone is charging

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Eh, I expect better from Microsoft, and unfortunately they've followed the industry standard set by Apple with drip feeding upgrades.

Now picture a $3000 2-in-1 device that hasn't had the bezels reduced, finally had the wifi upgraded and a processor which has been beaten by Ryzen's 4800 in that Zephyr laptop.

To be fair you are getting two devices in one, so you could do worse, but with the previous issues of Book's batteries swelling and the tablet being too hot to operate, I wouldn't drop money into this device.
You are blaming intel shortcomings on microsoft :mjlol:

They put a amd cpu on the surface laptop 3 and people complained. Why would they continue that nightmare again. :mjlol:

It starts at 1.6K dollars any other laptop manufactured would of charged another 1K for the base.

Especially with the fact 99% of buyers will not utilize their cpu. The surface book is the only decent tablet/laptop you can find on the market.