Apple updates 13-inch MacBook Pro with Magic Keyboard, double the storage, and faster performance

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Anyway to get this with the educational discount even if you’re not a student or teacher?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I want a MacBook but I’m broke. Y’all think an iPad Pro with the magic keyboard is a suitable replacement for now?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I’m in need of a MacBook upgrade (2015 edition). Is this one worth the upgrade over last years edition? I got one sitting at Best Buy waiting for pick up.
They won't convert this laptop into ddr4 memory until probably 2022.
I got an old air that i wanna. upgrade i think this is the way ill go
yes if you are doing basic use cases
Why couldn't you upgrade the SSD yourself?
It's 2020
Macbook SE.:francis:
That's the arm macbook that will come out shortly, not this one. The issue here is intel laptop processors.
Gonna just splurge on the 32gb or ram. Want this shyt to last for a while.
Are the 4 cores is enough for a long time, if you need 32gb of ram?

Is that ram still soldered onto the motherboard?
This is an ultrabook and apple
I want a MacBook but I’m broke. Y’all think an iPad Pro with the magic keyboard is a suitable replacement for now?
No it is not a replacement in any form of way, it is and will always be a tablet.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

What’s ddr4 memory? Is it worth the price of fixing the speaker on my MacBook Air (2015) or am I better off upgrading? I dropped it like two weeks back and now the input speaker can’t be detected.

An Apple authorized retailer told me $100 just to look at it and Best Buy is only offering $175 at the most.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMA

MMA

Superstar
Daps
What’s ddr4 memory? Is it worth the price of fixing the speaker on my MacBook Air (2015) or am I better off upgrading?
current gen of memory. Fixing the speakers should cost alot less from a credible 3rd party. I go to rossmangroup to fix any of our macbooks; they do shipping. Ask for a quote first and tell them your limit after the quote was provided.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Ima hold out a while longer. I'm disappointed with the screen size. I just knew they're were going with a 14inch device instead. We'll see if they update the devices for the fall.

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
Anyway to get this with the educational discount even if you’re not a student or teacher?
just got the upgrade email since I just grabbed a new mbp on Sunday

I just went to the education site and purchased it..took a few hundred off. I also called support to make sure it took because I got two invoices. Discounted invoice was the correct one.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone who needs 32gb of ram more than likely needs more cpu power too in the long haul. I am asking what use cases do you have to go with 32 rams but not extra cores?
Oh 32gb is definitely overkill for anything I’m doing. I just want it to be somewhat future proof and I feel like 32gb of ram will be the standard in 5 years.

• Dap

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Lol at 32 gb RAM thin laptop version. First of all you will never need 32 gigs on a thin laptop with small cooling system and laptop-ish processor and laptop-ish graphics card. It is for a serious graphics editing and gaming on a high graphics settings, both things that you may need a strong desktop computer to do that.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem

yes if you are doing basic use cases

It's 2020

That's the arm macbook that will come out shortly, not this one. The issue here is intel laptop processors.

Are the 4 cores is enough for a long time, if you need 32gb of ram?

This is an ultrabook and apple

No it is not a replacement in any form of way, it is and will always be a tablet.
Dumb question but how do y’all afford MacBooks...the air looks enticing at $1000 but even still that’s a lot...

• Dap

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dumb question but how do y’all afford MacBooks...the air looks enticing at $1000 but even still that’s a lot...
I know Apples about to introduce financing for macbooks with the Apple Card.