Apple TV plus is having a moment and Netflix and Amazon should be worried.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Netflix has nothing to be worried about, too much content. Too much variety.

Apple TV is getting better and I hope Foundation turns out to be good, but they have a while to go before Hulu should be worried, let alone Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
False
Netflix is in a death spiral
They are lagging in marketshare and outside of the pacific losing ground

They are losing licensed content to the content makers atreaming alternatives.

They are wasting big money on nediocre movies that dont garner prestige or views.

They arent making hits, content quality has dropped and now they are dependent on a single studio that is weak except for one property, spiderman

They habe disney and hbo max/discovery + , now, with paramount and peacock building momentum with amazon prime coming strong with a possible nfl package.

Fact is they need to modify bit seeing as they vlew money on vanity projects, its hard to see how.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
False
Netflix is in a death spiral
They are lagging in marketshare and outside of the pacific losing ground

They are losing licensed content to the content makers atreaming alternatives.

They are wasting big money on nediocre movies that dont garner prestige or views.

They arent making hits, content quality has dropped and now they are dependent on a single studio that is weak except for one property, spiderman

They habe disney and hbo max/discovery + , now, with paramount and peacock building momentum with amazon prime coming strong with a possible nfl package.

Fact is they need to modify bit seeing as they vlew money on vanity projects, its hard to see how.

Nah, they just cleaned up at the Emmys winning for both limited series and top drama. They had more total wins than any other platform.

If you look at the nielsen ratings for licensed content, they still dominate the lists even with some platforms pulling content.

Top 10s: TV Ratings, Video Games, SVOD

They produce so much stuff they always remain in the conversation and the other platforms still have a while to go before reaching the 200 million subscribers that Netflix has amassed globally. And that's without having to practically give it away like Disney+ has done in India :sas2:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nah, they just cleaned up at the Emmys winning for both limited series and top drama. They had more total wins than any other platform.

If you look at the nielsen ratings for licensed content, they still dominate the lists even with some platforms pulling content.

Top 10s: TV Ratings, Video Games, SVOD

They produce so much stuff they always remain in the conversation and the other platforms still have a while to go before reaching the 200 million subscribers that Netflix has amassed globally. And that's without having to practically give it away like Disney+ has done in India :sas2:
Emmys dont mean anything.
Subscribers matter, emmys and awards mean nothing

Disney is taking the razor and blade approach, but even they are over leveraged with debt right now.

Netflix last earning showed loss of subscdibers in North America, and poor growth in every market except the pacific and asia. They dont have good growth prospects

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I've seen See, the Morning show and All of mankind. I enjoyed them all.:ehh:

more sci-fi content on the horizon.:banderas:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
What does the market share look like...

I love the Foundation books, but the idea that it can be the next GoT is LAUGHABLE. To the point it makes me think this article is written by an Apple homer. Game Of Thrones is on another stratosphere and likely won't be replicated anytime soon (even with a prequel...) - and certainly not by a hard science fiction series. Taking random, seminal (but not super casual friendly) book series and throwing black people in it is not the recipe for the next huge show that becomes a pop culture phenomenon.

If I was Apple and wanted #content for my shyt, I would not have greenlit Foundation. That is not the wave. Diversifying old shyt like that isn't going to work...black people don't care, white nerds get mad, and you're left with something that's too heady/confusing for casuals to give a shyt about.
There are so many book series that could compete with GoT, like Kingkiller Chronicles (which the dude that created Hamilton owns the screen rights to, I believe), the First Law series, Cycle of Galand, Ryaria’s whole universe, the Stormlight Archives (really any series in the BrandoSando Cosmere), etc… it’s a new age where they actually put production dollars behind these series, these folks have no imagination

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Who paid for this inflated hype machine?

Apple TV got Ted Lasso and that’s it. Sudekis might not even do more than 3 seasons.

This reminds me of when Mad Men got hyped up but in reality very few people watched it. Walking Dead was the money maker.

the ONLY show I watch on apple tv+ is the morning show and mythic quest.