Apple Music vs Spotify vs Youtube Music, what's the Coli's verdict on the GOAT streaming service?

Best paid streaming service?

• Apple Music

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Spotify

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • Youtube Premium

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Spotify has goat playlist options but apple has exclusive radio content from artist and media personalities plus the integration features

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Spotify for me. I prefer their interface and they do better for international music. I may also be biased as this was the first streaming service I used.

Tried Tidal but ehhh. I also did Apple Music but there wasn't enough for me to leave Spotify once the trial ended.

YT music is an interesting case because I do like the option to listen to YT playlists with my screen locked and without ads. There are a lot of tracks on YT I can't find on any streaming sites. But that $15 a month was a no-go.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I have both via Family plans. Spotify family is mine and Apple music is via my brother. I dont really like the Apple music interface but the sound seems to be slightly better especially on an iphone. Overall I use Spotify because I've been using it for years, have all my playlists setup there already and I like the interface.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Spotify has the best playlist algorithms. Hands down. I could start a new account and listen to 5 songs then Spotify will have at least 4 playlistS prepared for me the next day and they all like 90% stuff I want to hear.

Apple Music got the better radio selections. I can just throw on Soulection and let it play

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Spotify has the best playlist algorithms. Hands down. I could start a new account and listen to 5 songs then Spotify will have at least 4 playlistS prepared for me the next day and they all like 90% stuff I want to hear.

Apple Music got the better radio selections. I can just throw on Soulection and let it play
The daily playlist on Tidal were better to me than Spotify's. It's one of the only things I miss about Tidal.

Digital_Dash

All Star
Daps

nah youtube music does now that they did what they had to do in the back in with the google play music integration

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Apple has a few albums Spotify is missing, and they don’t put a limit on your library, but I get Spotify Premium(jailbroken iPhone) for free, so that’s what I’m rollin with.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know we had this thread before, but I will chime in again and say...its really what you find works best for you and for me that is Tidal with YouTube Music as secondary. I round it out with Soundcloud and DatPiff. Spotify has a ton of advantages though, it could be the best overall. I have Apple Music for free and I just dont find myself using it.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Anybody like amazon music??

I like the app and web interface

I’ve been using Amazon since late 2017 and love it. And when you do the rating thing where you can add comments and make suggestions, your suggestions gradually end up being on there

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There isn't one clear answer and like most things with evolution things change.

If you're a paying consumer the best service today imo is Pandora because of its voice controls. The same way you ok Google or hey siri? Hey pandora play "insert song/album" and it starts up immediately.

You really can't go wrong if you're paying for either service but only pandora to my knowledge does what I mentioned.

For free services it's spotify, i like free spotify more than the paid service because the paid service plays what you pick while the free service will play what you pick (randomized) and then will continue playing similar music to what you just played. And it does a great job at that imo.

If you wanna listen to a particular song or songs off an album just make a playlist to skip the filler. Even a one song playlist works, easy to manipulate things on spotify. Not as easy on the other services to my knowledge but again, things always change so if they have? Speak on it coli...