Apple is about to introduce a hardware subscription service. Will you subscribe?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Basically you pay a certain amount to apple every month and you get access to their yearly hardware releases like iPhones, iPads or macs. I don’t really buy their products every year so it’s not for me. But for those who need to have the latest iPhone every year it could tempt them to subscribe

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Nah.
I use my phone for years. No desire to get the latest and greatest every year.

It would have to be economically advantageous for me to do so. For example, I plan on getting the 14 Pro this year…upgrading from the 8. I’ll spend about $1000 and won’t upgrade until another 4 years (minimum). That’s about $21 “amortized” over the four years.
If they have a plan that’s say…$15:/month, I’d be interested. But the shyt will be like $50/month minimum. So, nah I’m good.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ummmmmm

Like?

Aint phone providers already doing that though?

Like T-Mobile or someone already has a subscription deal where you can get a new phone every year or every other year?

Yup.

This whole subscription shyt has gotten way outta control. Millenial and new age mufukkaz are fukkin up the game. :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Basically you pay a certain amount to apple every month and you get access to their yearly hardware releases like iPhones, iPads or macs. I don’t really buy their products every year so it’s not for me. But for those who need to have the latest iPhone every year it could tempt them to subscribe

I thought they pretty much already had that. Some program where you pay a monthly fee and you can trade in your phone for the latest model.

I wouldn’t pay a monthly fee for hardware. I’ve matured enough in cell phones to see that annual upgrades are a waste of money.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The distinction between this and iPhone upgrade program/Apple Card

Is those are financed through a line of credit from a bank. A finite amount.

this shyt apple is talking about will basically have you paying apple directly, per month, for hardware to use, not necessarily to own.

perks would be more flexibility as you could bundle with other services/hardware for a discount and you’d get hardware updates automatically.

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
:mjlol: @ making car payments to own Apple merchandise.

:patrice: Lowkey this is genius for them. I think I see where this is going. Macbook used market is huge. They would basically control that as well.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
If the price is right:patrice:. But I have a big fear that this will backfire for "purchase gang" when folks including this marsupial just got the 2020 M1 MBP and Apple trying to be on some slick shyt with the support for previous macbooks and Iphones, unless you subscribed to get the latest and greatest to avoid being in the dark:beli:. I could be reaching but yeah:patrice: