Apple 2018 October event thread.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't go that far but there's definitely not much between them like there used to be. If your macbook or Windows pc doesn't have 16GB they'll both run like shyt very quickly. I use both every singles day.

You don't need 16gb of Ram for Windows. 8 is more than enough. What you should have for Windows is a clean install of the operating system to get rid of all that bs oems put on the computer. Windows is quicker than macOS because it isn't animation heavy like macOS is.

An i5, 8gb of ram, and a SSD is all you need on any computer for general use.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Nah

Too ugly for apple

images

I can see why you think that coming from this :mjlol:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Can we get a update to the iPad mini!?!?
:damn:

Perfect form factor for kids. Would like to have one with pencil support for my daughter.

That dirtbag supply chain guy who always leaks the Apple stuff correctly said an updated mini and iMac was coming....he lied or they held off to push the big ticket items for the holiday season

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Apple needs to stop. It's an overpriced tablet that costs more than your overpriced macbooks, macbook airs, most iMacs and some macbook pro models if specced out to the max.

How can you consider them overpriced if there is no competing devices that run the OS? That’s like calling a Rolex overpriced because Invicta makes watches that are lower cost and also tell the time. This totally discounts the integration between their phone, watch, tablet, desktop, and laptops; their customer service, MacOS, build quality, and more. I’ve owned a Toshiba Satellite, Sony Vaio VGN, HP ProBook, Samsung ChromeBook, and Dell EliteBook laptops and computers ontop of the tons of PCs I’ve hand built and they don’t even come close to the build quality and reliability of a Mac IMO.

I wouldn't go that far but there's definitely not much between them like there used to be. If your macbook or Windows pc doesn't have 16GB they'll both run like shyt very quickly. I use both every singles day.

I don’t agree because my MBA with 8GB of RAM runs very well.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
usb c is a great move. can’t wait to check out photoshop on my current ipad...not impressed by anything else
I like the USB C move (one charger for everything) But why no headphone jack? They literally are admitting with this move that they took away to sell more Bluetooth headphones. Weak. Two usb c ports would have bee awesome though.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
How can you consider them overpriced if there is no competing devices that run the OS? That’s like calling a Rolex overpriced because Invicta makes watches that are lower cost and also tell the time. This totally discounts the integration between their phone, watch, tablet, desktop, and laptops; their customer service, MacOS, build quality, and more. I’ve owned a Toshiba Satellite, Sony Vaio VGN, HP ProBook, Samsung ChromeBook, and Dell EliteBook laptops and computers ontop of the tons of PCs I’ve hand built and they don’t even come close to the build quality and reliability of a Mac IMO.

I don’t agree because my MBA with 8GB of RAM runs very well.
Aww come on how you gonna justify those prices But comparing the build quality to a probably not even $200 chromebook and work PCs. Apple ain’t that great. They stuff is faulty and have issues just like everybody else.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
Lemme know if you sell it.
The real news here is the USB-C connection replacing Lightning. And the continued asinine lack of a headphone jack. I wont complain as I wont be buying these anyway, but still...

There arent any OLED tablets for that size yet. Seems like the screen would still be too expensive
Samsung has had a 10.5 inch AMOLED display for over 4 years now. Going half inch to 2.5 inches bigger isn't that hard. These tablets are ridiculously expensive anyway.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Samsung has had a 10.5 inch AMOLED display for over 4 years now. Going half inch to 2.5 inches bigger isn't that hard. These tablets are ridiculously expensive anyway.

Samsung waiting on the call to get the bag producing the iPad Pro 4 OLED screens :mjlit:.

For all the power in the iPad the multitasking is dogshyt :camby:, they need to stop gimping it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I want one of the 12.9 inch ones but my iPad Air 2 is still going strong and it's so expensive. Plus I don't like that it's Face ID only. I'm not sure I'll buy.

avocadotaco

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
If you were hoping for a updated iPad mini, dont despair. Rumor has it there will be a new mini next spring.

:blessed:

The new pros are highway robbery!