Apple 2018 October event thread.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apple can suck my dikk w/ these prices. Macbook air starts at 128gigs ssd at $1200..straight up robbery.

Sick of these nikkas man, they are single handedly causing the market for ram and ssd in mobile computing to be unnecessarily high. 128gigs...really?....how much of that is allocated to the operating system?

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The Air looks great (except that storage :scust:)but Ican see my 2015 MBP lasting another 3-4 years easily. Still looks and functions like it's brand new. Their build quality is impeccable.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They finally put a Retina screen in the Air and make the price ridiculous at the same time. :scusthov:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
fukk off chump, they're driving up the price of memory for everyone w/ this shyt and crazy part about is their shyt is soldered onto their motherboards.

Yeah the soldered on stuff sucks. My 2009 iMac is a paper weight for that reasom...I wish I could open that joint and swap out the logic board and processor.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
In the market for a laptop and I was trying to decide between this new Macbook Air ($1,199) and an entry level Macbook Pro ($1,299).

I don't know much about internals and stuff, but they seem pretty comparable, with the MBP being $100 more. But I know the MBP is their flagship so I'm willing to pay the extra $100 unless there's something I need to know that doesn't make it worth it.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, as all these geeky specs look the same to me.

Thanks.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
usb c is a great move. can’t wait to check out photoshop on my current ipad...not impressed by anything else

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
So the MacBook Air is an 8th gen dual core chip. I didn’t even know they made the 8th gen dual core. I thought they were quad core by default.

I’m getting real sick of Apples shyt. I’m ties to my iPhone, but I don’t necessarily need a Mac.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
In the market for a laptop and I was trying to decide between this new Macbook Air ($1,199) and an entry level Macbook Pro ($1,299).

I don't know much about internals and stuff, but they seem pretty comparable, with the MBP being $100 more. But I know the MBP is their flagship so I'm willing to pay the extra $100 unless there's something I need to know that doesn't make it worth it.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, as all these geeky specs look the same to me.

Thanks.

The biggest differences between the 13’’ MBP (non-touch bar) vs. MBA is that the MBP is heavier, has shorter battery life, has a faster processor, better graphics, and a better screen. But depending on your use these improvements may be negliable. I know I will buy the new MBA and I’m a power user. I have a 2012 MBA still running strong so I know this new one will last me just as long.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
So the MacBook Air is an 8th gen dual core chip. I didn’t even know they made the 8th gen dual core. I thought they were quad core by default.

I’m getting real sick of Apples shyt. I’m ties to my iPhone, but I don’t necessarily need a Mac.

Remember that comparing a PC to a Mac in hardware specs doesn’t even make sense. OS X is tuned to the hardware so in most cases Macs get better performance than higher spec’d PCs running Windows 10. I’m sure there’s a Win10 PC out now with a quad core processor and more ram that’s much cheaper than the Mac but will get smoked in a benchmark AND in a year or two it’ll run and look like absolute shyt.