Apparently If You Die On Mount Everest. You're There Forever. (pic) :damn:

Chef

All Star
Daps
I just watched the documentary The Summit. The view on top of the mountain was amazing, I was stuck on the image. If you fall, no one is coming back for you.:ufdup: It's one and done, these nikkas are going where they need to go without you.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
What happened to David Sharp is fukked up because people were passing him on the way to the summit. There's no reason why 10 of them couldn't use up the rest of their oxygen to bring him back down to camp. They wanted to save that shyt for the summit.

These were rich fukks that were there to do one thing.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
David sharp story is crazy but it is what it is. Survival is not guaranteed. Also he chose to go alone and with no oxygen from what I've read but there are different reports.

Would be a thrilling journey though. Pushing you're body to the brink

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
yup, K2 and Annapurna are death traps :sadcam:

imagine trying to climb this shyt brehs

K2-above-Bottleneck.jpg

U can see fukking space from up there:ohhh:

Elle

Pro
Daps
What happened to David Sharp is fukked up because people were passing him on the way to the summit. There's no reason why 10 of them couldn't use up the rest of their oxygen to bring him back down to camp. They wanted to save that shyt for the summit.

These were rich fukks that were there to do one thing.
He could't walk. Some people did try to give him oxygen but he was not responding. To be rescued from that height, you have to be able to walk.

Daps
Reppin
X
hole up:patrice: this thread is ducktales. They removed the remains of one of the women mentioned in the article by helicopter.

Grieving husband of Canadian climber Shriya Shah-Klorfine — who died on Everest — lays wreath on her body

Don't know what that says about those who were never removed tho:sadcam:

eta: "It was Shah-Klorfine's first trek to the 8,850-metre peak. Her godfather, Bikram Lamba, said she mortgaged her house to pay for the expedition, at a cost of nearly $100,000.":damn:

It cost 100k to risk your life climbing a frozen rock?:dahell:

Last edited:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I tried but cant gather the sympathy for rich entitled people who die climbing a mountain they never should have.

Like that Canadian Asian broad, they told her dumbass to go back or you will die! She had no training either. Her entitled ass just had to do it so she could brag about it. And that documentary was kinda dumb with the interviewer low key blaming everyone for her death..." but... but... but why didn't you stop her, even tho she refused to climb back down, what kinda business do you run where this is acceptable" . fukk that:camby:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The Real Story of Everest and the Bodies Left Behind Is Brutal as Hell
Yeah, this is old news.
It's just a matter of not having the resources to carry the dead person back. In other cases, the climber has fallen into a steep crevice and the body can't be recovered even if you wanted to.
There would need to be a specialized expedition to bring back the dead, and not to climb to the top in order to recover the deceased.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Considering the danger vs reward aspect, it's not worth it. You have everything to lose health wise and nothing to gain. If you make it to the top, so what, you aren't the first to do so and you aren't the last. You don't get no money or rewards.
Don't forget the fact that the native Sherpas are the ones doing all of the dangerous and hard labor...someone in here already posted the Real Sports w/ Bryant Gumbel video on it.