AOC Calls Out Democrats Because They Will Not Say ‘Latinx’

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Latinx is a stupid ass term.

Latinx makes Latinas and Latinos not even wanna say those words. They'll just comfortably rep the country their family is from and keep it moving.

Few things scream "I'm Latino but don't take me seriously" more than claiming and using the term "LatinX"

LatinX sounds like something you have to use because someone shrewdly figured out they could trademark the words "Latino and Latina"

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Her bicoastal elitism is showing. Most latinos hate the term Latinx, because it's a whitewashing of their language. Spanish is a gendered language, and no level of American Progessive Liberalism is going to change that.

Wait is LatinX supposed to replace saying Latinos when referring to the Latino population? I thought that shyt was a name for Millennial/Gen-Z Latinos :dead:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Wait is LatinX supposed to replace saying Latinos when referring to the Latino population? I thought that shyt was a name for Millennial/Gen-Z Latinos :dead:

Yes, Latinx is supposed to replace Latino / Latina to be more "gender fluid", but the spanish language does not fundementally work like that.

Last edited:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) blasted critics of the term Latinx, including fellow Democrats who resist using it and think it’s “bad for the party.”

After a brief discussion of the term on Sunday night in her Instagram stories, Ocasio-Cortez launched into a “mini-rant,” in which she targeted unidentified Democrats.

The gender-neutral term has been hit with resistance in recent years. A December poll from a Democratic firm found that 30 percent are actually less likely to vote for a politician that takes Ocasio-Cortez’s advice and uses the term. The polling also found only 2 percent of Hispanic respondents actually said they use the term themselves.

Rep. Ruben Gallego, chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, is among the Democratic critics of the term. In a December tweet, he said the term is banned in official communications in his office and said it is used to appease “rich progressives.”

Ocasio-Cortez accused people of creating “drama” over Latinx and other “inclusive” variations of the term. She argued language is fluid” like gender.

:russ:

“Gender is fluid, language is fluid, and I think people right now are using the ‘e’ term as gender-neutral in order to be as inclusive as possible. Don’t have to make drama over it,” the congresswoman said.

AOC Blasts Fellow Democrats for Resisting Term Latinx

this is a prime example of woke-ism gone horribly wrong.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Latinx is a stupid ass term.

Latinx makes Latinas and Latinos not even wanna say those words. They'll just comfortably rep the country their family is from and keep it moving.

Few things scream "I'm Latino but don't take me seriously" more than claiming and using the term "LatinX"

LatinX sounds like something you have to use because someone shrewdly figured out they could trademark the words "Latino and Latina"

Yea I know some Latino folks that don’t wanna be called LatinX and look like :unimpressed: :francis:

When referred to as such