Anyone who is saying "The NBA Offseason is boring now with the lack of Superteams", blame CJ McCollum

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People complain that offseason moves and off the court goings on dominate NBA headlines, well you should be happy. Let's see if we can focus on actual ball for once.
I used to think the NBA was horrible at marketing - now I'm looking at it entirely different

The vast majority of people following ball literally do it like the old ladies following soap operas and reality TV. Actually knowing what you're talking about is completely secondary.

You can be allll over the NBA and comfortably not know shyt thanks to the way its marketed :dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is a discussion people were against a decade ago, but it's obvious they should change the rules back to 2 years in college. Because of two main reasons

1. It allows NBA prospects to gain a bigger following and make it more hype when they get to the NBA
2. Better way for scouts to judge talent now that they have at least 2 years of game film and see how dedicated that player is to improve year to year

Players Union won't agree to it...unless maybe they get the NBA owners to give them 1% back on the revenue split maybe?

Or do straight out of high school, but if not, then do 2 years?

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Players Union won't agree to it...unless maybe they get the NBA owners to give them 1% back on the revenue split maybe?

then they'd either go overseas to circumvent that (since they can leave at 19) or go to Overtime Elite or what have you.

It's not the NCAA's job to market the NBA's players. Mind you, even with NIL, most kids still declare and and still ain't ready.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
then they'd either go overseas to circumvent that (since they can leave at 19) or go to Overtime Elite or what have you.

It's not the NCAA's job to market the NBA's players. Mind you, even with NIL, most kids still declare and and still ain't ready.
and international players really have no issues hitting the ground running when it comes to promotion

the reason women's game popped is because they realized they're never getting help so may as well take their brand into their own hands

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

just thinking out loud, but they gotta do something.

NBA Draft lately is straight

Bcq0TO.gif

Last edited:

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Yea original draft picks should only account for like 20% of the cap

:win:

There's 18 roster spots. You'd have the odee superteam if this were the case.

Most rosters only have like 4-5 dudes they drafted.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The current ownership is creating a bill the new ownership group might not be able to make work financially. It’s a problem for 2-3 years down the road. I think they’re banking on the second apron going much higher with the new TV deal coming. If that doesn’t happen, they’re going to have to make some really tough decisions
Please believe, the new owner is probably cool with this cause they’re already in the ownership group but have a minority stake.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to think the NBA was horrible at marketing - now I'm looking at it entirely different

The vast majority of people following ball literally do it like the old ladies following soap operas and reality TV. Actually knowing what you're talking about is completely secondary.

You can be allll over the NBA and comfortably not know shyt thanks to the way its marketed :dead:

That’s what happens when you make ESPN the largest platform of your sport :francis:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Please believe, the new owner is probably cool with this cause they’re already in the ownership group but have a minority stake.

Probably want that TV deal approved sooner rather than later.

they got 2 more years with this squad tops since they're over the second apron regardless for these next 2 seasons. Once Zingis cap hold is gone in 2026, they'll have some room to play with.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

This is so true man I tune most NBA conversations out because I’m like no way you actually think that

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Either way, 2 years removed from high school leads to better promotion. Wemby, Luka, and Lamelo still got publicity playing overseas before being drafted in the NBA. If the NBA owners want to do this, I'll side with them on this. Player's union gotta realize that it's expensive as hell to fail on a draft pick. So many wasted salaries on fail expectations either in the G league or wasted on the bench. Someone still has to pay James Wiseman

Having 2 full years of game tape is 100x better than maybe 14 games for a 1 and done college athlete

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Either way, 2 years removed from high school leads to better promotion. Wemby, Luka, and Lamelo still got publicity playing overseas before being drafted in the NBA. If the NBA owners want to do this, I'll side with them on this. Player's union gotta realize that it's expensive as hell to fail on a draft pick. So many wasted salaries on fail expectations either in the G league or wasted on the bench. Someone still has to pay James Wiseman

Having 2 full years of game tape is 100x better than maybe 14 games for a 1 and done college athlete

Busts will always be a thing, there’s no way around it

NBA teams prefer younger prospects because they feel they have more untapped potential. There’s the stigma that a 3-4 year college player has less room for growth and closer to being a finished product. If Dalton Knecht was 19 he might’ve gone #1. But since he’s 23 he falls to 17