Anyone try Crossfit?

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
see your line of thinking is similar to beach body crap. Foods in general regardless of it being fats,proteins or carbs, take effect on your fat/weight by how many calories each contains. You can eat carbs all day and still lose weight if u eat less then 1900 calories worth. Carbs are the most important source of energy for any active person. A lot of athletes have high carb diets. There's nothing new or ground breaking that these product companies come out with that nutritionists/fitness guru's dont already know. So the fact u have some carb to protein ratio laid out is pointless.
No, it's not pointless. It's been working for me. I told you that I keep track of my Macros. Within the 1700-1800 calories, I break down the per centage of what is fat, carbs, protein. I'm not eating 2600 calories of protein/fats.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
No, it's not pointless. It's been working for me. I told you that I keep track of my Macros. Within the 1700-1800 calories, I break down the per centage of what is fat, carbs, protein. I'm not eating 2600 calories of protein/fats.

yes it is pointless if you are only worried about losing weight. Calories are the only thing u need to worry about. If its working for u then that means you are meeting your calorie needs to lose weight. that's not an opinion,that's a fact.

only time some one would macro in proteins/fats is if they care about their inside health and not just lose weight. Then you would have a reason to calculate how many calories u need to eat per protein/fat on a daily basis.

you're just following some lame low carb high protein diet that has u thinking their system works. Think about it,you're eating high in protein which has little calories in sources like fish,chicken,turkey,ect.

im gonna say this one more time for ya and leave it at that. CALORIES ARE THE REASON WHY U LOSE AND GAIN WEIGHT. not carbs, not fats, and not sugar.

read this article since u think u know what you're talking about:

Daily Carb Intake - How Carbs Affect Your Body, Health & Diet

quote: "
Does Eating Carbs Make You Fat?
As you may remember, we previously answered this same question regarding fat (Does Eating Fat Make You Fat?). And surprise-surprise, the answer now is exactly the same as it was then.

While the “low carb” craze has put some crazy ideas into people’s heads, the truth still remains that the one and only thing that makes people fat is eating too many calories."

*drops mic

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I shouldn't but she's not really off base in her actions.

She is cycling carbs with lower and higher days so the net is the same but she's manipulating timing. That practice has merits in trying to change body composition.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto

She is cycling carbs with lower and higher days so the net is the same but she's manipulating timing. That practice has merits in trying to change body composition.
It's working for me. There's a lot of information out there as to what to do/what not to do. This is something I have been able to stick to and has become a lifestyle change for me. The point is to find something that works for you. Avoiding sugar and eating less carbs has been very beneficial for me.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yes it is pointless if you are only worried about losing weight. Calories are the only thing u need to worry about. If its working for u then that means you are meeting your calorie needs to lose weight. that's not an opinion,that's a fact.

only time some one would macro in proteins/fats is if they care about their inside health and not just lose weight. Then you would have a reason to calculate how many calories u need to eat per protein/fat on a daily basis.

you're just following some lame low carb high protein diet that has u thinking their system works. Think about it,you're eating high in protein which has little calories in sources like fish,chicken,turkey,ect.

im gonna say this one more time for ya and leave it at that. CALORIES ARE THE REASON WHY U LOSE AND GAIN WEIGHT. not carbs, not fats, and not sugar.

read this article since u think u know what you're talking about:

Daily Carb Intake - How Carbs Affect Your Body, Health & Diet

quote: "
Does Eating Carbs Make You Fat?
As you may remember, we previously answered this same question regarding fat (Does Eating Fat Make You Fat?). And surprise-surprise, the answer now is exactly the same as it was then.

While the “low carb” craze has put some crazy ideas into people’s heads, the truth still remains that the one and only thing that makes people fat is eating too many calories."

*drops mic
This is from the article YOU posted:
"A funny thing about carbs is that, even though they will almost always account for the majority of your total calorie intake (you’ll see why in a few minutes) and they tend to confuse/scare people more than any other dietary factor, they are actually the least important part of your diet.

No, seriously. It’s true.

Quite simply, protein and fat (specifically the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids) are essential to your body. Carbs on the other hand are not.

The point I’m trying to make here is that the most important parts of your diet are total calories, protein and essential fatty acids. After that, we have carbs. For this reason, once an ideal protein and fat intake have been figured out, the majority of the changes that need to be made to your calorie intake (assuming changes ever need to be made) will most often come from a reduction or increase in your daily carb intake."

This is what I'm doing: high protein and fat intake, low carb. I'm avoiding simple carbs and I eat complex carbs (veggies, whole wheat pasta, sweet potato fries etc).

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
This is from the article YOU posted:
"A funny thing about carbs is that, even though they will almost always account for the majority of your total calorie intake (you’ll see why in a few minutes) and they tend to confuse/scare people more than any other dietary factor, they are actually the least important part of your diet.

No, seriously. It’s true.

Quite simply, protein and fat (specifically the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids) are essential to your body. Carbs on the other hand are not.

The point I’m trying to make here is that the most important parts of your diet are total calories, protein and essential fatty acids. After that, we have carbs. For this reason, once an ideal protein and fat intake have been figured out, the majority of the changes that need to be made to your calorie intake (assuming changes ever need to be made) will most often come from a reduction or increase in your daily carb intake."

This is what I'm doing: high protein and fat intake, low carb. I'm avoiding simple carbs and I eat complex carbs (veggies, whole wheat pasta, sweet potato fries etc).

that proves my point that u can have low or high carbs because it doesnt matter. what matters is the calories. Its posted right there in front of u lol

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps

why u go and do that breh?

She gonna think fat loss and gains are due to carbs/proteins/fats in general instead of the calories from each source :sadcam:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

She gonna think fat loss and gains are due to carbs/proteins/fats in general instead of the calories from each source :sadcam:
Honestly he had this same dialogue in the other thread. Once she explained her method it made more sense.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto

I didn't say they are from that in general. I told you already that I keep track of my Macros. Not sure why you're not comprehending. I'm within my ideal caloric intake.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that proves my point that u can have low or high carbs because it doesnt matter. what matters is the calories. Its posted right there in front of u lol
It does matter based on the results you are trying to achieve. If you're trying to be more lean, you should lower your carb intake vs if you're trying to bulk up, you can increase it.

I've done my research. I found this article helpful: 3 Keys To Dialing In Your Macronutrient Ratios - Bodybuilding.com

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
It does matter based on the results you are trying to achieve. If you're trying to be more lean, you should lower your carb intake vs if you're trying to bulk up, you can increase it.

:snoop:

where's your proof to this reasoning that Carbs make u bulk or lose weight depending on your intake of it?

i just posted that article that clearly stated Calories make u gain or lose weight regardless of what source u get it from (carbs,fats proteins)

so please, enlighten me with a legit article that stands behind your reasoning..

ill wait...

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:snoop:

where's your proof to this reasoning that Carbs make u bulk or lose weight depending on your intake of it?

i just posted that article that clearly stated Calories make u gain or lose weight regardless of what source u get it from (carbs,fats proteins)

so please, enlighten me with a legit article that stands behind your reasoning..

ill wait...
I did.

Here's another positive to eating low carbs. It's not for everyone, but knock people who do it and it works for them.

6 Amazing Ways Your Body Changes When You Give Up Carbs