Anyone try Crossfit?

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
SMH...:francis: I tell anyone that If your sole purpose is to build muscle than you're better off working just on getting stronger on big barbell movements (squats, presses, rows, deadlifts, etc) and making sure you eat enough.....Yes Cross-shiittttttt has the potential to build muscle...but in mos tinstances & for novices it would be like putting a drop in a bucket. Wanna see fast worthwile results just do a program made for building muscle, getting strong, and gaining weight....then (IF you must) go fukk around in the CF box when you're at least an intermediate level lifter that needs a remedy for suffering from a mid life crisis......IMO crossfit (long-term) is more like an aerobic sport with little to no anabolic gains. Just remember those big beefy elite athletes you see on CF games aren't training like that. They lift heavy. They eat like vikings.They preserve their muscle mass. Also,many of them lift much heavier, have better cardiovascular health, and are far more functional in their daily lives than say conventional Body-builders per se.

P.s: OP I know this thread is old news, but I hope you didn't go down the kipping route to stripping unwanted weight :ufdup: fukk a WOD:pacspit:

READ ME (CF's dirty little secret)

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
crossfit is good for cardio and if you're overweight and want to lose weight fast or if you feel that you need to be apart of something and have other ppl in your "box" push you and cheer you on but i always get the "cult" vibe from crossfit gyms. the fact that they got novices trying complicated olympic lifts and that trainers can be certified in a weekend is :scust: .

i can't fukk with it outside of doing some shyt just to test my cardio once in awhile. the crazy made-up WOD's that have no tangible reason to be done other than to try some crazy shyt and kill your CNS and injure yourself are also fukking stupid. got people doing 50 deadlifts, then 50 pullups then 50 front squats for time, then run 3 miles, then do it all over again. it's like shyt is made up by children who have no real goal in sight other than to make you pass out or throw up or hurt yourself, or all three...fukk that. :birdman:

alot of them that i've seen do it, do them just so they can brag about doing it. i'm all for people being active and healthy but getting hurt due to overtraining and not being taught proper form is retarded.

i always tell all the crossfit junkies that try to tell me to join a crossfit gym, that "the fittest man alive", rich froenig, who is their champ and hero trains like a bodybuilder and does compound movements with heavy weight, not for time at high reps and not like a crossfitter with stupid fukking made up workouts named after someone who died...

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
The hardest part of crossfit is telling your parents your gay

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Can someone please tell me how a cardio program will help build muscles :mjlol:

I knew OP was on that p90x bullshyt. No wonder her nutrition information is false.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually went to a Crossfit gym last week. :guilty:

It was for Ninja Warrior training tho :whoa:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Can someone please tell me how a cardio program will help build muscles :mjlol:

I knew OP was on that p90x bullshyt. No wonder her nutrition information is false.
I'm not doing p90. This thread is mad old.

I lift and do HiiT cardio.

So you disagree that in order to lose weight, you should reduce carb intake?

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I'm not doing p90. This thread is mad old.

I lift and do HiiT cardio.

So you disagree that in order to lose weight, you should reduce carb intake?

i dunno how many times i gotta tell ya but carbs do not make u fat,calories do. Your body does not turn calories from carbs into fat cells if ur body is burning the amount it needs to function on a daily basis (IE your daily caloric intake to maintain your current weight)

i see why @Adam3000 didnt address your other comment about sugar. U are so lost when it comes to nutrition. Well i wouldnt say lost but you're out dated.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i dunno how many times i gotta tell ya but carbs do not make u fat,calories do. Your body does not turn carbs into fat cells if ur body is burning the amount it needs to function on a daily basis (IE your daily caloric intake to maintain your current weight)

i see why @Adam3000 didnt address your other comment about sugar. U are so lost when it comes to nutrition. Well i wouldnt say lost but you're out dated.
I'm not trying to MAINTAIN CURRENT WEIGHT. I keep telling you that I'm trying to lose. I'm not in maintenance mode. I'm eating more protein vs carbs.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I'm not trying to MAINTAIN CURRENT WEIGHT. I keep telling you that I'm trying to lose. I'm not in maintenance mode. I'm eating more protein vs carbs.

if you're trying to lose weight then u just need to worry about your caloric intake regardless if its from carbs,proteins, fats, ect.

To lose fat, you need to create a caloric deficit. Meaning, you need to be BELOW your calorie maintenance level so that you end up burning more calories than you consume. When that happens, your stored body fat will be burned for energy instead.

do u even know what your calorie maintenance level is?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Na. I tried cleans, never liked them. They are way too technical to learn on my own. Plus it's not worth it to spend money on someone to train me how to do it. I couldn't even imagine some of the other stuff they do, I'd be scared for my life everytime I would do it.

But hey it works for them so I'm not gonna hate on it much.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if you're trying to lose weight then u just need to worry about your caloric intake regardless if its from carbs,proteins, fats, ect.

To lose fat, you need to create a caloric deficit. Meaning, you need to be BELOW your calorie maintenance level so that you end up burning more calories than you consume. When that happens, your stored body fat will be burned for energy instead.

do u even know what your calorie maintenance level is?
1700-1800

Fewer than 25 g carbs per day and up to 100 g carbs on high carb days.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Na. I tried cleans, never liked them. They are way too technical to learn on my own. Plus it's not worth it to spend money on someone to train me how to do it. I couldn't even imagine some of the other stuff they do, I'd be scared for my life everytime I would do it.

But hey it works for them so I'm not gonna hate on it much.
Yah...I've seen people achieve amazing results, but I don't want to injure myself.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
1700-1800

Fewer than 25 g carbs per day and up to 100 g carbs on high carb days.

see your line of thinking is similar to beach body crap. Foods in general regardless of it being fats,proteins or carbs, take effect on your fat/weight by how many calories each contains. You can eat carbs all day and still lose weight if u eat less then 1900 calories worth. Carbs are the most important source of energy for any active person. A lot of athletes have high carb diets. There's nothing new or ground breaking that these product companies come out with that nutritionists/fitness guru's dont already know. So the fact u have some carb to protein ratio laid out is pointless.

just keep track of your calorie intake and you're good to go.