Anyone seriously want to learn Japanese?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hiragana and Katakana is surprisingly easy,

But Kanji is :gucci:
I know Kanji. Best way to learn it is to go through a premade deck using Anki called "lazy kanji" and there it will teach you the cards in the order from the book "Remembering the Kanji" by Heisig. I learned the traditional way which involved learning the radicals(components that make up the Kanji) and their stroke order. The resulting kanji are just different combinations of radicals.

I recognize thousands of kanji but reproducing them on paper is harder but I can easily type them out.

Daps
Not worth it op. Learn how to code instead. Make your own apps and work at your own schedule.

Online retailers are a game changer.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Keep trying if you want to learn it. With internet you have all the resources you need. It's all about disipline.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unless you live in Japan, why would you want to learn it?

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I have been messing around with this site and like 30 mins or less so far I have learned 15 characters in hiragana.
あいうえお - a i u e o
かきくけこ - ka ki ku ke ko
さしすせそ - sa shi su se so
I set up my phone's keyboard to be able to switch to japanese. It's pretty cool. I typed that all from memory btw I have no cheat sheet. The way they teach it with mnemonics and that drag n drop site they link is how I have been cementing it.

Learn Hiragana: Tofugu's Ultimate Guide

We have to start with hiragana. Later learn katakana and lastly kanji.

Learn Japanese: A Ridiculously Detailed Guide

This is for reading and good pronunciation. Afterwards the learning Japanese from zero YouTube channel and books seem to be the best guide for learning to speak it and etc.

They cover reading and writing too. Who really wants to write by hand? Rather skip that with this site.
So how did it go?
I’m starting with this too and I got the genki book (for free as scans too)

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
BqaZ.gif