Anyone seriously want to learn Japanese?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll still use my sources but I'll definitely check this out.
It works fast. If you serious you'll waste so much time trying to learn it through grammar books and internet vocabulary guides.
This guy learned it pretty fast too here's his 18 month update

You must basically learn the kanas/kanji with remembering the kanji and then immerse immerse immerse as as possible daily and use srs to learn i + 1 sentence cards where u learn one word or specific grammar usage. For example I'll make up one (from the top)
この橋は長いね。
If you knew all the words except 橋 you'd make a card with the sentence on the front and on the back the definition for the words you don't know in English. You do like thousands of these and then eventually you start putting Japanese definitions on the back instead of English.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I know udemy, they do these sales very often, nearly all the time. It's a good way to catch customers...no one's gonna pay original price of 200$ for recorded tutorials where you have no teacher to ask questions, but if they see 90% off it's an easy buy.
I know but that course is actually good. I have been waiting on that sale for a minute lol

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
It works fast. If you serious you'll waste so much time trying to learn it through grammar books and internet vocabulary guides.

You must basically learn the kanas/kanji with remembering the kanji and then immerse immerse immerse as as possible daily and use srs to learn i + 1 sentence cards where u learn one word or specific grammar usage. For example I'll make up one (from the top)
この橋は長いね。
If you knew all the words except 橋 you'd make a card with the sentence on the front and on the back the definition for the words you don't know in English. You do like thousands of these and then eventually you start putting Japanese definitions on the back instead of English.

I see "ko" and "i". I will do it tho.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I actually tried in my mid 20s. Their language is a lot different than ours, fundamentally so I don’t remember much. Unlike Spanish. Plus I didn’t have a real need for it,was just something to do.

I can still recognize some kanji symbols and “yes/no”. And random stuff.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
yesjapan.com

Ran by this white dude who breaks it down easily and tells story of his scumbag weeb past knocking down japa teenagers.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

この橋は長いね。

Is that what you did, I remember you mentioning your Japanese was good?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Yes I want to learn Japanese, but I don't live in an area where I would get a chance to practice it regularly.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
MIA Japanese Quickstart Guide - Mass Immersion Approach

Read this guide and follow it to a T and on 18 months you'll be able to understand 95+% of media and can output.

この橋は長いね。

This looks a lot like the AJATT method, but much more up-to-date. :ehh: Good shyt. This might be the best resource for people to use. People feel like they need to be in a University course to learn Japanese when I know two people who learned on their own and understand the language perfectly. Conversely, I also hear many stories of people in foreign non-English speaking countries learning how to speak English because they watched Friends multiple times and went from there.

I remember Khatz in a video years ago asking, "How many people do you know went to classes and are actually fluent?" And it's true, I can't think of many people that are. If there are any, they then went on to do self-studying the language and became fluent in 7 years because they did things the typical academic way.

When you think about it, it makes a lot of sense -- if you listen to a language long enough, you'll start picking out words that come up often, then it'll be phrases, then you'll just know sentences and look for words you don't already. "You don't get good at a language, you get used to a language." And 18 months? That's incredibly quick, and that's the ballpark estimate, some might be excelling in the language before then.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This looks a lot like the AJATT method, but much more up-to-date. :ehh: Good shyt. This might be the best resource for people to use. People feel like they need to be in a University course to learn Japanese when I know two people who learned on their own and understand the language perfectly. Conversely, I also hear many stories of people in foreign non-English speaking countries learning how to speak English because they watched Friends multiple times and went from there.

I remember Khatz in a video years ago asking, "How many people do you know went to classes and are actually fluent?" And it's true, I can't think of many people that are. If there are any, they then went on to do self-studying the language and became fluent in 7 years because they did things the typical academic way.

When you think about it, it makes a lot of sense -- if you listen to a language long enough, you'll start picking out words that come up often, then it'll be phrases, then you'll just know sentences and look for words you don't already. "You don't get good at a language, you get used to a language." And 18 months? That's incredibly quick, and that's the ballpark estimate, some might be excelling in the language before then.
Basically. The creator of this MIA method attributed his fluency to Ajatt and Khatz but he basically refined it and optimized it and rebranded it to distinguish it from AJATT since Khatz stopped posting years ago. All this "duolingo", Rosetta bs is a waste of time. Immersion is like key. I haven't reach fluency yet because I been slacking and havent' put in the hours but I definitely know Japanese and can learn using Japanese itself with basically no English. Lots of folks who've put in the time and effort have become fluent around 18 months to 2 years.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
yesjapan.com

Ran by this white dude who breaks it down easily and tells story of his scumbag weeb past knocking down japa teenagers.
I listed the channel and books in the OP. Japanese from zero. I didn't know creh's site tho.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I've been using this app called HelloTalk to learn Japanese.
It's a pretty cool app.

You can talk to folks from Japan and leave audio messages so they tell you if you are pronouncing words right.