Anyone playing Hades?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got my 10th win on 68 attempts and rolled the credits on this one.

Whats crazy is I think I can get another 100 hours out of this game :wow:

I may never stop playing this

Just got the 10th win, too.

I still have so much left to do. This legitimately might be one of my favorite games ever. Supergiant is known for really taking care with their games, but holy shyt did they put in work on this. Everything has a level of polish and depth to it that even some AAA titled don't quite get.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Just got the 10th win, too.

I still have so much left to do. This legitimately might be one of my favorite games ever. Supergiant is known for really taking care with their games, but holy shyt did they put in work on this. Everything has a level of polish and depth to it that even some AAA titled don't quite get.
Yea I'm ranking it up there with Returnal as my favorite games played this year. I might give this a slight edge tho just because how well the story plays into the gameplay.

That and u don't have to invest hours into one run like u did with Returnal.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea I'm ranking it up there with Returnal as my favorite games played this year. I might give this a slight edge tho just because how well the story plays into the gameplay.

That and u don't have to invest hours into one run like u did with Returnal.

Number one reason why i enjoy this way more than Returnal. Low investment of time, I can run a quick session under an hour and not only will I get a significant amount of carry over rewards for it but i get more story. It’s satisfying to pick up and play.

With Returnal I just kind of feel like a run takes so much time. The game itself is fun, but its such a huge time sink which is whats frustrating. It would prob take me the same amount of time to clear to first biome as it does going through an entire run in hades. And once you die after 2.5 hours of getting a good build its over and theres almost very little carry over. You don’t get a lot of reward in Returnal

I kinda hope Housemarques next game is either a traditional 3d Metroidvania or more like hades as far as being more story and reward heavy inbetween runs

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
That hunting blades duo (Ares + Artemis) is :merchant: especially with the rapid cast boon shyt melts enemies health. Also the gun with hangover and seeker plus artemis support fire is deadly as fukk as well.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Hangover i think is the best boon/status effect in the game.
Yep its my preferred base of every run I make, I almost always start with Dionysus keepsake to get it early.

It also gives u access to the Scintillating Feast duo boon with the Trippy shot if u get a Zeus boon for ur attack,special, or call. The fog with the lightning makes short work of Hades.

I also started using Demeter boons that have chill. Mixing that with hangover activates privileged status for bonus damage. The aspect of Chiron Bow is now my favorite weapon with this playstyle

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yep its my preferred base of every run I make, I almost always start with Dionysus keepsake to get it early.

It also gives u access to the Scintillating Feast duo boon with the Trippy shot if u get a Zeus boon for ur attack,special, or call. The fog with the lightning makes short work of Hades.

I also started using Demeter boons that have chill. Mixing that with hangover activates privileged status for bonus damage. The aspect of Chiron Bow is now my favorite weapon with this playstyle

Yeah, i love the scintillating feast.

Right now I’m not even focusing on builds I’m picking whatever boons i haven’t used yet to fulfill those achievements and sabotaging my runs so i can get companions faster

I only need two more diamond for Sisyphus companion quest

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Artemis' special is fukked when the bar is full. I think it was an epic boon, ended up wiping maybe 1/5th of Hades's HP in the second form.

Also hades is way easier to deal with in his second form or w/e.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Artemis' special is fukked when the bar is full. I think it was an epic boon, ended up wiping maybe 1/5th of Hades's HP in the second form.

Also hades is way easier to deal with in his second form or w/e.

Yeah his second form is much easier. Artemis is the best summon in the game I think as far as pure Dmg goes. Her tracking shot boon is also really good if you have a weapon with large DPS

I just realized i put over 33 hours in this game already lol

I wonder if theres a secret boss or something other than Charon.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
man, i just tried that ice wine duo boon and that shyt is trash. Hades knocked my fukking head off 3 times. I didn't even get him to the second round.

the main problem is it only last liek 3 seconds so its not enough to really trap anyone in it long enough. The Zeus and Dionysus duo is way superior

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Steal from Charon, brehs. :demonic:

I was going on a bunch of intentionally short ribs to get extra dialogue to free Sisyphus, and ended up getting the opportunity to steal from Charon.

Told that motherfukker it was time to give me my win back on some pro wrestling shyt.

I can totally see why some people make this an occasional priority. Coming out of that fight with 300 extra coins and 20% off can come in handy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I actually got him down pretty far yesterday on a suicide run. I only took his money because i wanted him to kill me and i ended up getting him down to the last 3rd of his health.

The problem is one hit from him is an instant death in the first level