Anyone On Here Own The Google Home?

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Been thinking about it but can't justify the purchase. Would seem pointless with no compatible home tech like smart lights, nest, etc. I only have a Chromecast.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Been thinking about it but can't justify the purchase. Would seem pointless with no compatible home tech like smart lights, nest, etc. I only have a Chromecast.
It's only pointless if you don't try to use it. I only have one and even though it's not an overwhelmingly great purchase, I have been surprised at the amount of things it can do. I've definitely livened up a party by playing games on it, use it every other day to listen to music/podcasts, and whenever I have a question that I would look up or need to use my phone for, I quickly remember to ask google and get the answer. It's a dope purchase and it definitely encourages me to buy home tech so I can utliize it's full potential

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This seems like a product that you have to go all in with and set your whole crib up to work around it to get the most out of it
:ld:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a Home + Chromecast + YouTube TV + Hue + Logitech Harmony...shyt is too dope. After a week or so of using it for even the basic shyt, you start getting the urge to just "talk" to Google even when the Home's not around to get an answer, set a timer, etc. Once you get to that next level with smart appliances though, :banderas:.

I don't press anything to turn on the TV or my lights...I just talk. "Turn on Living Room TV...Ok, now play Breaking Bad." The Netflix and Spotify integration is too dope. Once the YouTube TV integration happens so you can turn the channel with your voice, it's a wrap for me stepping out of the Google ecosystem.

Only thing I'm holding on to is my iPhone and my PC. If Google can figure out a killer Android to Google Home / Assistant integration, I may finally jump back into Android after years of being on iOS.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's only pointless if you don't try to use it. I only have one and even though it's not an overwhelmingly great purchase, I have been surprised at the amount of things it can do. I've definitely livened up a party by playing games on it, use it every other day to listen to music/podcasts, and whenever I have a question that I would look up or need to use my phone for, I quickly remember to ask google and get the answer. It's a dope purchase and it definitely encourages me to buy home tech so I can utliize it's full potential
played games on it like what?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Only thing I'm holding on to is my iPhone and my PC. If Google can figure out a killer Android to Google Home / Assistant integration, I may finally jump back into Android after years of being on iOS.
Google Assistant is built into Android breh. Idk how you can make a killer app for google home that's exclusive to android though. Would require some genius level thinking which clearly google has

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I dont think i will ever get into voice command over physical interaction. :camby:

I do like the idea of controlling tech through my smartphone:ld:

El Verdad

Rookie
Daps
All these products come down to ecosystem...I have Chromecast...YouTube TV...Chromecast Audio...Google Play...Hue lights...works well with them and also functions as my alarm along with other utilities

I prefer it over the Echo because the Google Assistant can understand mostly plain language as opposed to explicit commands so it’s more natural to use.

Echo beats it in terms of ordering from Amazon but Google has partnered with Walmart and other places to round out the ordering features.