Anyone here work for NASA, DoD, or other federal defense agencies?

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about if your social media accounts are private? They can't just "see" all my facebook/twitter stuff if it's private, can they? :blink:

breh, this is the gubment we talkin about :stopitslime:. as far as veterans getting dibs, that's only true when the job doesn't have education requirements that can be substituted with experience.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are there automatic disqualifiers as far as the credit stuff, or is everything a case-by-case basis?

Say, if someone owes a couple hundred from 6 years ago, and paying or just paid it off? Or student loan debt?

As far as crimes, I've never had any criminal or legal trouble. Shid, I've never even had a speeding ticket. :smugbiden:

Honestly its case by case. They know some of us then had cable for 20 years and we only 20 years old. They are people to. Also it depends on so many other formulas. I have seen some unique characters get a clearance and some I thought were shoe in were denied.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Psychological history, criminal history, any crazy shyt you've posted on the net, neighbors, places you lived getting checked going back several years and for certain clearances lie detector... ONCE you get a clearance, you can move about more easily... if you're concerned about a clearance, go into an agency that doesn't require one, then after you've been on that job long enough, start applying for other shyt. Already being a Fed employee is a huge advantage.... our having a clearance from a contractor...

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Honestly its case by case. They know some of us then had cable for 20 years and we only 20 years old. They are people to. Also it depends on so many other formulas. I have seen some unique characters get a clearance and some I thought were shoe in were denied.

One of the chicks we had was really good at the job but when they found out she lied about that DUI they cut that ass loose with the quickness. I think they respect the honesty more than anything.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Psychological history, criminal history, any crazy shyt you've posted on the net, neighbors, places you lived getting checked going back several years and for certain clearances lie detector... ONCE you get a clearance, you can move about more easily... if you're concerned about a clearance, go into an agency that doesn't require one, then after you've been on that job long enough, start applying for other shyt. Already being a Fed employee is a huge advantage.... our having a clearance from a contractor...

I hear contractors can be very unstable, but I've also heard that if a contract runs out, they simply move the people they "like" to another contract or project. Is this true?

Also, on the federal side... I hear it can be very political. What's that about?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
You guys had/have to take lie detector test? I didn't have to go thru any of that for my clearance. Good luck to anyone applying. That sequester a muthafukka. How many days are y'all losing?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
You guys had/have to take lie detector test? I didn't have to go thru any of that for my clearance. Good luck to anyone applying. That sequester a muthafukka. How many days are y'all losing?

shyt is shady once you hit a certain plateau. Use to work for a GS-15 who'd get his secretary position filled as a temp spot but he would somehow get chicks he was fukking the gig. I think it's going to get a lot harder in DoD especially if you had a specialty you could eat off of during this war on terrorism. Positions are going to get cut, deep cuts at that. Wish I could get further into it but I like my job.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

shyt is shady once you hit a certain plateau. Use to work for a GS-15 who'd get his secretary position filled as a temp spot but he would somehow get chicks he was fukking the gig. I think it's going to get a lot harder in DoD especially if you had a specialty you could eat off of during this war on terrorism. Positions are going to get cut, deep cuts at that. Wish I could get further into it but I like my job.

I'm in DoD. We're losing 11 days, or 20% for the next three months.

I didn't have to take a lie detector test, but I don't have the highest clearance level either so it doesn't surprise me.

I'm pretty sure at some point a RIF in coming. I try to be as versatile as I can while still trying to becoming an expert in a specific specialty.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'm in DoD. We're losing 11 days, or 20% for the next three months.

I didn't have to take a lie detector test, but I don't have the highest clearance level either so it doesn't surprise me.

I'm pretty sure at some point a RIF in coming. I try to be as versatile as I can while still trying to becoming an expert in a specific specialty.

I work in a SCIF so I guess my process was a little different. We got 11 days as well. Just got my letter yesterday matter of fact. I took a grad level cert class so I'm about to put my degree to good use and try to get in someone's election campaign since I don't have shyt else to do

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:youngsabo: If so, step in and make yourself at home. I need to bend your ear.

Me and few other people I know are applying for jobs at various agencies. What are some tips on how to get your resume' to a hiring person?

If hired, what to expect next?

What about security clearances?

Spit it out. :steviej:

if you have a skill that they are in need of then minor shyt like having had smoked a joint in the last 12 months isn't going to be an issue.

also for people really interested in this, a big hurdle that some people face is their financial history. a ton of unpaid debts and shytty credit in general is worse than having had smoked weed in the past.