Anyone here work for NASA, DoD, or other federal defense agencies?

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
if you're finances are not it order you will be denied clearance because you are then at risk of being bribed or doing stupid shyt to get money.

your family, neighbors and past acquaintances will be paid a visit and the subject will be you.

annual lie detector tests if you get clearance.

Is the lie detector for top secret or all?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I wok for the DoD. Security clearence can be long and drawn out but it went quickly for me since I've been with the DoD in some capacity for 14 years.

Depending on your job duties, you should keep good credit. I know DFAS release people based on their credit.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
They've even cracked down on testing and clearances more in the contractor sector. I have a number of friends that are going through that right now.

I've been through more background interviews from the gubment than I'd care to mention. I almost have the whole routine down to memory.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Generally, what is something that would keep one from getting a clearance?

I don't have a criminal background.

hell, you don't even have to be convicted of a crime to be disqualified. just the allegation of domestic violence or pedophilia has gotten people disqualified. also, if you have bad credit or a history of bankruptcy or money mismanagement, that can lead you to be disqualified because they don't want you selling gov't secrets to cover your debts. and if you have anything stupid on social media that would lead someone to believe that you lack character or integrity, delete that shyt ASAP. also be careful who you choose as a character reference. their words about you go a long way.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Also, be mindful, that you are competing against war vets coming home and looking (and will get) the job.....

Before you.

That's true...before you get in. But once you're a government employee veterans preference doesn't apply to internal job announcements.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
hell, you don't even have to be convicted of a crime to be disqualified. just the allegation of domestic violence or pedophilia has gotten people disqualified. also, if you have bad credit or a history of bankruptcy or money mismanagement, that can lead you to be disqualified because they don't want you selling gov't secrets to cover your debts. and if you have anything stupid on social media that would lead someone to believe that you lack character or integrity, delete that shyt ASAP. also be careful who you choose as a character reference. their words about you go a long way.

What about if your social media accounts are private? They can't just "see" all my facebook/twitter stuff if it's private, can they? :blink:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What about if your social media accounts are private? They can't just "see" all my facebook/twitter stuff if it's private, can they? :blink:

look if its out there it can be found. But you don't have to be perfect. Don't think that. But don't be a risk. People with credit scores real low 500s have been approved and people with 700 have been denied. But it's better to have good credit then not. No one is perfect they know that.

Now the crimes. Well if you aren't a habitual offender you will be ok. I have seen a few charged with dv but not convicted and have kept it but lost access while the case was going on and had to be resubmitted.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
look if its out there it can be found. But you don't have to be perfect. Don't think that. But don't be a risk. People with credit scores real low 500s have been approved and people with 700 have been denied. But it's better to have good credit then not. No one is perfect they know that.

Are there automatic disqualifiers as far as the credit stuff, or is everything a case-by-case basis?

Say, if someone owes a couple hundred from 6 years ago, and paying or just paid it off? Or student loan debt?

As far as crimes, I've never had any criminal or legal trouble. Shid, I've never even had a speeding ticket. :smugbiden: