Anyone here work for NASA, DoD, or other federal defense agencies?

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
:youngsabo: If so, step in and make yourself at home. I need to bend your ear.

Me and few other people I know are applying for jobs at various agencies. What are some tips on how to get your resume' to a hiring person?

If hired, what to expect next?

What about security clearances?

Spit it out. :steviej:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Me and few other people I know are applying for jobs at various agencies. What are some tips on how to get your resume' to a hiring person?

what you mean by you and some other people. sounds suspect is this some terrorist shyt.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
what you mean by you and some other people. sounds suspect is this some terrorist shyt.

:whoa: Whoa, slow down brehzo. Me and a few friends from college are just looking for federal employment. Some of us have engineering or business degrees and want to put them to use outside the greedy private sector.

Do you have anything you'd like to add to the conversation?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

I do........Dont look for a job with your friends.......

somebody going to be hurting if one of yall get the job and the others dont..

Welcome to the real world.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

they make a big deal about this shyt now. knew a two girls who were GS workers at the clininc i left back in Belle Chasse, La. they both had DUI cases that they lied about. them GS nikkas started doing some digging and found out and started running they're credit and all kinds of crazy shyt to see if they had anything that they lied about. needless to say, neither of them are GS workers anymore.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
they make a big deal about this shyt now. knew a two girls who were GS workers at the clininc i left back in Belle Chasse, La. they both had DUI cases that they lied about. them GS nikkas started doing some digging and found out and started running they're credit and all kinds of crazy shyt to see if they had anything that they lied about. needless to say, neither of them are GS workers anymore.

Generally, what is something that would keep one from getting a clearance?

I don't have a criminal background.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Hell nall...you think I'd be on here If I was making that type of bread?! The coli is the hood and the dod, cia, fbi is the burbs'. And I'm not giving shyt back

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:whoa: Whoa, slow down brehzo. Me and a few friends from college are just looking for federal employment. Some of us have engineering or business degrees and want to put them to use outside the greedy private sector.

As far as DoD:

Hope you dont smoke weed or any drugs for that matter. I did something with the NSA and they got my ass in the Lie Detector test. nikkas told me I should have just stood firm but he I was a youngin and didnt know any better so I cracked:manny:.
But yeah they get all up in your shyt. They'll have someone actually visit and interview your references unbeknownst to you. I heard they even bug your house (idk how true this is tho, some nikka that drove the shuttle bus when I interned at NASA told me this). Oh yeah they make it somewhat difficult for you to travel out the country if you can at all.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Generally, what is something that would keep one from getting a clearance?

I don't have a criminal background.

if you're finances are not it order you will be denied clearance because you are then at risk of being bribed or doing stupid shyt to get money.

your family, neighbors and past acquaintances will be paid a visit and the subject will be you.

annual lie detector tests if you get clearance.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You could try getting an job as an contractor then transitioning to Federal employment. But be warned contractors do all the work while government employees get all the credit.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Keep you noise clean and you should be good on a clearance i wanna go for my ts but i got a dui so im not sure how thats gonna prohibit it in anyway got a secret right now they get checked every 10 years for secret and 5 years for top secret and i believe to get a ts you have to have a poly test i recommend to try being a contractor or some type of security guard first

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
]if you're finances are not it order[/B] you will be denied clearance because you are then at risk of being bribed or doing stupid shyt to get money.

your family, neighbors and past acquaintances will be paid a visit and the subject will be you.

annual lie detector tests if you get clearance.

:guilty: Define "not in order."