It's like "yeahhh you doing good but, you really just catching up"

scaled.php

:lawd:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
i went back at 21. i spent 18-21 just working, typical warehouse shyt, not really sure of what i wanted to do after high school. One day, I was at work & was looking at my homie who was 27, dropped out of uni, ran through a trustfund his grandparents gave him (over 100k) & was just cool :obama: about bumming it up. i looked at dude real hard :wtf: & had an epiphany. I got up, walked out the store, never came back & applied to go to a school down south. was down Tennessee 2 months later.

sometimes i still feel like a failure. because eventhough my life has did a complete 180.....at 24, most of the cats i went to high school with on they masters, law school, nice cribs & all that. i wish i had my mind right back in 06/07.

This reminds me of my homie (he in college tho so not exactly the same). But yesterday he said he had a job interview at UPS. He said he drove up there and when he got there he saw nothing but a bunch of degenerates, ratchet ghetto bytches, lowlife bum nikkas (Im thinking hey at least they got a job) was like mane this aint the type of environment I want to be in and said fukk the interview and just turned around and went home.

That and your story just confirms my belief that not everybody is meant to "make it" (whatever that necessarily means) in this world

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Anyways to the t/s you shouldnt feel ashamed about starting college late, I honestly look at college as the sucker way out you know, its just that next "move" after high school tells you need to make. And like you said many ppl dont really go in with a plan so they just rack up alot of debt they cant afford. I got a homie who recently dropped out of college and in a way I applaud him for that cuz if you not feeling it aint no point in wasting your time. If you start late you may not even be that far behind some of your peers because most ppl dont even graduate in 4 years anyways.

Now fortunately for me I had great grades in high school and got scholarship(s) to college so it wasnt that bad of a decision. But even I feel at times college is a waste but at least the degree im getting (BSME) is a great plan B for me so im really just using it as a means to an end. The only problem with that is since I always have something to fallback on, I feel as if im not going as hard on what I really want to do as I can/should. A lot of success stories happen because nikkas just dont have any other option so they go hard and focus all their energy on that one goal which is very risky, but at this stage I feel like Id rather die knowing I went hard I really want to do than to cop out and be another 9-to-5 corporate slave which is something they want me to do.

Now if I could just spend more time focusing on my shyt than I am on here, a nikka feel like he can be a force.:myman:

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
Im about to start, I just really hope this shyt pays off :upsetfavre:
Im determined to make it work, but truthfully there are more factors
at play here than my hard work.
Im majoring in IT with a minor in Economics.

I guess if it doesnt work i can take my degree and join Uncle Sam's side,
they're always hiring. plus I can be an officer :youngsabo:

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Im about to start, I just really hope this shyt pays off :upsetfavre:
Im determined to make it work, but truthfully there are more factors
at play here than my hard work.
Im majoring in IT with a minor in Economics.I guess if it doesnt work i can take my degree and join Uncle Sam's side,
they're always hiring. plus I can be an officer :youngsabo:

cant you just get IT certifications instead of going to school for a degree in IT? I know a degree is always a plus but I think in the IT field a college degree isnt always a necessity. it may depend on the job though. if someone can explain this please do because I was thinking about going back to college for the same major

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
That's what gets me sometime....

It's like "yeahhh you doing good but, you really just catching up"

scaled.php

Ayo, I keep coming in this thread rereadin this post.

This is how I feel yo. Gif and all. shyt ain't even right.

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im part of the behind crew as well due to previous years of fukk-ups. :beli:

im 24 and proud about bein on the deans list all this year in school. :lolbron:

meanwhile, i got friends doin bigger things and gettin paid. :aicmon:

i think about it alot but really i gotta focus on me and i have been. just gotta keep it that way. :jawalrus:

if you want to succeed bad enough, you will. i have no doubt about that.

its not a sprint. its a marathon. what my dad told me last week. :smugdraper:

:win:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My boy is just starting this upcoming fall and he's 21. Better late than never.

Swagaveli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Europe
Due to huge financial fukk ups and general foolishness, living beyond my means, I'm looking at starting university at like 28 :noah:, when my loans are all paid off. Turned 25 a couple months ago... :why:

I am of course steady thinking about a business to start and what not, making an university degree just somethiing cool to have as an extra, instead of a necessity it would be to a bum nikka such as me :to::sadbron:

I don't know man, something I've been weighing in my head is the fact that MOST of the -filthy- rich people have never had the education for what they do, more than working at that field, or the good old school of hard knocks :takedat: I mean most ''make it'' by working hard as fukk, steady grinding HARD and with trials and errors...Determination would be the key here.

But fukk it, let's see. Atleast universities are free in my country :obama: