Anyone here over 30 and looking forward to ratchet and clank?

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Like what? Yall just be saying anything. Jak 2 and 3 did have a ton of different game elements yes. That don't mean they were all good. Jak 2 has no idea what game it wants to be. It just throws shyt at u and hope something sticks. And What humor? Didn't they try to turn Jak into some hybrid thug/wasterlander in Jak 2 and then "Dark Jak" in Jak 3? :dead:

And i'm not even saying the Jak games are bad. They just not better then Ratchet. It's a reason why Naughty Dog hasn't been back to the Jak series. Uncharted is everything they wanted Jak to be. Uncharted actually does have Humor/Memorable set pieces and great platforming.
the reason is because the founding members of naughty dog (jason rubin and andy gavin aka the people who made crash and jak) left the company.

the people there now have completely different priorities. they want to create more realistic games that are more cinematic experiences. even if they wanted to make a new jak game i dont think the people there would be well suited to make a platformer game anymore

the other thing that changed is the video game market in general. the mascot platformers peaked in the early 2000s and by seventh gen were no longer one of the most popular genres. naughty dog started producing third person shooter style games and never looked back. im a huge jak fan and dont like ND’s post-jak games anywhere near as much but its obvious they have had far more success since they stopped making platformers.

and i really dont think the uncharted games have great platforming its basically impossible to die in those sections

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Says the dude who praises Grounded and Super Lucky’s tale :mjlol:
They always tell on themselves don't they
halo-washed.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not a fan of the series , didn’t even open the PS4 version. This shyt on ps5 looks epic as hell, day one.
Fall for the hype brehs:mjlol:

Game is a very iterative sequel, doesn’t look like the formula has changed much at all. And I don’t mean that in a bad way as the PS4 version was pretty good. You should probably play it if you think this one looks good:ehh:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Fall for the hype brehs:mjlol:

Game is a very iterative sequel, doesn’t look like the formula has changed much at all. And I don’t mean that in a bad way as the PS4 version was pretty good. You should probably play it if you think this one looks good:ehh:

The same ol formula cant bother me... if I haven't played the series since the PS2 era

200.gif

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
The series is great always had good graphics and game play but I’m not picking it up. I don’t think. I never really got in to ratchet or jak n daxter

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
But you said you weren’t a fan of the series.

im not going to spend any money on a game I know I’m not going to play

I can chance it for $8.

it just gets added to theshelf , you never know when a quarantine happens so you get time to play through a backlog.

I was deemed essential and never got the time off though...