Anyone ever feel like being in a relationship is holding you back?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not about new p*ssy, that part is obvious :lolbron: but I mean do ya'll ever think that you could achieve more just by being on your own than you can in your current relationship or really any relationship?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If I wasn't in a relationship, I'd more than likely spend 75% of my income traveling and never having roots anywhere. I'd be a global wanderer, which is something I'd love to do but can't now. So in that way it's definitely holding me back, I can't just get up oneday and decide I want to go to Bolivia then Australia.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
I know EXACTLY what you mean OP. I know I would be making a lot more power moves and risks if I was alone. That's why I always tell my younger friends, wait as long as you can before settling down.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
This makes no sense.

Pretty much. What's the point of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't have the same interests/goals as you.

If you are in a relatonship where your partner's interests/dreams don't match up with your's, you're in a shytty relationship, or you're kinda desperate.

IE. A dude who wants to start his own business, needs an enterprising ass woman to support and help out with that, or maybe even do her own thing so the two can relate when it comes down to it.

Torture yourself in a relationship with a woman who's interests don't match your's brehs.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
yes. i was with my girl in DC this weekend. my college friend told me about a gig opening at a VERY POPULAR NEWS WEBSITE that he works at in front of her :snoop:

she was like :usure:

But I'm like ... :mjpls: and told him we will talk later. Ain't no way I'm stopping my career to be close to a bish :childplease:

She betta take that commute to me :rudy:

But like kevin hart said --- when you boys with their girls on cupcake tuesdays and you be lonely as fukk :wow:

never get married or have kids, young brehs...im 25 --- kids and marriage aint an option until im 32-35 or older :manny:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but it's all imaginary. It happens when you live an unfulfilling life.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Sure it does. Relationships are all about compromise. As I type that, I find myself wondering why anyone would be in a relationship.

life is about compromise.

Relationship is about friendship and making life easier.

If you life isn't better because of your relationship, then you shouldn't be in one.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
life is about compromise.

Relationship is about friendship and making life easier.

If you life isn't better because of your relationship, then you shouldn't be in one.

Nah, life ain't about compromise man.

But I hear you on what a relationship is supposed to be.

I don't know anyone who has that, though.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Lot of these dudes live a fairytale I see. Giving advice with no living experience and have never been in a "real" committed relationship.

OP, it happens... this is why they say a man should accomplish a majority of his individual goals first before he even decides to settle down.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
The only times I've ever felt like a relationship was holding me back were when it became blatantly obvious that it needed to be thrown in the bushes (diverging lifeviews, lack of affection, etc etc).

DanGleesac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In then end the girl is a copout for your own personal failures. If she loved you like that she would respect and try to help you live out your dreams/achieve your goals. After you leave her you'll realize you're still a bum and now you're a bum with no p*ssy/perspnal hypeman.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
In then end the girl is a copout for your own personal failures. If she loved you like that she would respect and try to help you live out your dreams/achieve your goals. After you leave her you'll realize you're still a bum and now you're a bum with no p*ssy/perspnal hypeman.

Hate to say it but this is the truth. I had this convo bout my shorty with my mom a while back n she pretty much said the same thing. You are placing all your personal failures on somebody else instead of taking responsiblity. If you a real nikka a chick shouldnt hold you back from anything. shyt NOTHING should.