Anyone else think Ministry of Darkness Undertaker was the best incarnation?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yeah the last month of the Ministry era was proto-Biker Taker. Hell even in the immediate weeks following his return his gimmick had more of a "Biker from hell" vibe with the entrance and everything.

Oh yeah I forgot about that period during his early incarnation of the ABA

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
It was no one else it could be brehs........Why not just laugh and watch TV

Vince as the higher power as comical as fukk.......Still giggles at the thought of Shane/Vince vs Shawn Michaels and God:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::dead:
It was a letdown to me cause he had his foot on the whole McMahon’s family neck for months doing some of the most evil shyt we ever seen and he ended up just being a goon for Vince McMahon. :unimpressed: Also the moment when Austin saved Stephanie cause it was “the right thing to do” was powerful, and the plot twist diminished that. Even if the whole Stephanie thing was planned by Vince, the Ministry was fukking Shane up legitimately (wrestling-wise anyway) so it doesn’t make sense that he was in on it the whole time.

It was like a bad comic book retcon that leaves the readers feeling cheated imo.

I was looking at a vid where someone was saying the higher power should’ve been Jake the Snake Roberts cause it would’ve made perfect sense for a lot of reasons.

First, the macabre psychological cult shyt is right up his alley. Also JTS and Taker have a history. Taker’s 1st face turn came against JTS.

JTS would have reason to hate both Austin and McMahon and want to take the WWF from them.

Austin won the KOR beating JTS and made his Austin 3:16 catch phrase mocking JTS Christian faith and humiliating him by selling out merch with Austin 3:16.

McMahon also humiliated him by making him do that dumb angle with Jerry the King mocking his alcoholism.

He could’ve came back to destroy them both with the Taker at his side and the Ministry. He could’ve renounced being a Christian and went back to being a demonic evil motherfukker. Taker would be champ and JTS would basically been like Kevin Sullivan as the Taskmaster plotting evil shyt and the whole thing could’ve still caused Austin and McMahon to join forces. They could’ve stayed a cult and you would’ve never had the Corporate Ministry, which never made any sense.

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
It was interesting seeing undertaker show glimpses of his biker gimmick in 98-99 while still being dark, had he not been injured he probably would have been some sort of biker satanist or gothic biker.

Skip to 3:38 to 6:22

Skip to 2:08

MAGA taker

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still say his Vol 3 theme is his best theme, that Judgement Day entrance is still one of the best ever:wow:

This is literally big match feel a fukking spectacle larger than life shyt
Which is why aew and wwe aint got shyt on this right here
Jim ross voice and hyping. Naming names of legends. The themesong . Everything.
Nobody wants to see these midgets bounce around

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
This is literally big match feel a fukking spectacle larger than life shyt
Which is why aew and wwe aint got shyt on this right here
Jim ross voice and hyping. Naming names of legends. The themesong . Everything.
Nobody wants to see these midgets bounce around
I remember that match fukking sucked only saved by the ending with the Austin fukkery. The whole ppv was bad, Looking back on it the match of the night was d lo vs x pac and it was partly due to them bouncing around.

Last edited:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember that match fukking sucked only saved by the ending with the Austin fukkery. The whole ppv was bad, Looking back on it the match of the night was d lo vs x pac and it was partly due to them bouncing around.

Just saying its one of the reasons the crowd went from 6 million viewers to 1.2
Nobody was watching with intentions of grading a match and saying who is doing the best selling and being melzer and doing roh crowd chants.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I'd rather watch neckbeard fodder over having to sit through that kane vs undertaker again

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I still say his Vol 3 theme is his best theme, that Judgement Day entrance is still one of the best ever:wow:

This is how a theme is supposed to be. Tough, raw, and 100% fitting the character, not soft, safe, airy, and generic

I'd rather watch neckbeard fodder over having to sit through that kane vs undertaker again

Engaging fukkery >>>>>> 15 minute meaningless match

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just saying its one of the reasons the crowd went from 6 million viewers to 1.2
Nobody was watching with intentions of grading a match and saying who is doing the best selling and being melzer and doing roh crowd chants.
Exactly, Notice how RAW has been getting much better reviews now that they've ratcheted up the fukkery? People watch pro wrestling for the over the top drama and wrestling, but building a show around indie shyt will keep you at a low level.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Exactly, Notice how RAW has been getting much better reviews now that they've ratcheted up the fukkery? People watch pro wrestling for the over the top drama and wrestling, but building a show around indie shyt will keep you at a low level.
Wrestling nerds like us watch for the match quality, casual fans want to see fukkery and violence

2000 WWF, 02 SmackDown and '04 Raw had the right balance

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Wrestling nerds like us watch for the match quality, casual fans want to see fukkery and violence

2000 WWF, 02 SmackDown and '04 Raw had the right balance

This. Balance is the key, and ideally what you want to have. I feel like NXT (especially at 2 hours) is a pretty nice balance. Always has very good matches and most of them are feud driven matches with storylines.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown

Nah it's a star driven business at the end of the day slot of these cats are probably only have midcarder charisma at best. That's why cats like MJF, Cody, and even Adam Cole to a lesser extent are what the game needs. Hell John Cena being featured on a episode of smackdown is moving needle more than anything on the main roster.