Anyone else think Ministry of Darkness Undertaker was the best incarnation?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Unfortunately it was all part of mcmahons plan. Taker was always in cahoots
Which lead to stephanie joining up with HHH

:scust:
And that was dumb. The whole Vince McMahon being the higher power thing made no sense and was totally anticlimactic. They should’ve never made it the corporate ministry either.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that was dumb. The whole Vince McMahon being the higher power thing made no sense and was totally anticlimactic. They should’ve never made it the corporate ministry either.

Russos shytty booking. It looks good at first until you think about it.
Like vince and shane were together all along yet the corporation and ministry were having fights and beating the shyt out of eachother just to make sure Austin wouldnt win the belt? Bossman got hung on a noose. Now they all laugh and hug together at the end

:dahell:

:mjlol::mjlol:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
This taker and phantom mask taker are my favorites. I wouldn't be mad at anyone saying purple gloves taker is the best though
Taker had such longevity at a high level cause he was always able to make tweaks to his character without ever losing his core identity. You can debate which Taker was the best, but it’s the same guy with the same name and same continuity. He talked about this on Stone Cold’s podcast I was listening to recently...how he always tried to keep the character fresh with updates.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps

This was definitely the best version of taker—just a straight up demonic ass kicker, but still had some realism to him with his Attitude era update to his gimmick. Ministry Undertaker, while entertaining at times, was mostly hokey as fukk, especially when they tried to do some smark shyt and explain that Mark Calloway the man believed he was really the Undertaker :snoop:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I always found it funny when the rock would take it to the undertaker back then, he'd talk about his 30 pound head and his Mickey mouse tattoos. Like when Rock would get the drop on him, taker would sit up like jason mid peoples elbow only to get kicked back down and catch one to the chest :russ:

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Character wise, I always felt like this was the consensus. Wrestling wise, this may have been his worst iteration. The Ministry Taker character combined with 06-10 Taker in-ring wise is more of a GOAT than he already is.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
For me it's the Big Evil incarnation of his character I've always felt he was intune with that character the most and it's probably who he really is as a person. I think the incarnation around 96-98 is underatted as well dude was running around doing dives in matches and he finally got a chance to show what he could do.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Weirdly I was gonna start this thread last week after watching a bunch of 1999 stuff running up to WM15.

Lord of Darkness Undertaker is so underrated - sure I've read somewhere that 'taker himself didn't particularly like it and thought it was going too far at times, but turning him into a genuine Horror/Gothic Movie monster was the only way to keep the supernatural side of him into the Attitude era... and like most other things that worked in the AE, it was the absolute best of itself then.

Burning symbols, dragging coffins, hanging corrupt cops. Yes Takes. :demonic: