Anyone else surprised by how well Tim Cook has done since Jobs died?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Steve Jobs pretty much gave the company over to Tim Cook and had him handling the distribution, logistics, ACTUAL RUNNING OF THE COMPANY in his late years because he knew Cook was just better at running a company than him bruh. All of Jobs ventures pretty much failed until he linked up with Cook. :stopitslime:

:mjlol: steve jobs was just a glorified hypeman tho, apple's products basically sells itself, tim cook doesnt need to do much.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Can’t really compare them
One was a wartime general
The other a general in peace
Steve would probably be upset with the emphasis on accessories but he wouldn’t get rid of them just make sure they’re easy to equip to the devices which they do

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Steve Jobs pretty much gave the company over to Tim Cook and had him handling the distribution, logistics, ACTUAL RUNNING OF THE COMPANY in his late years because he knew Cook was just better at running a company than him bruh. All of Jobs ventures pretty much failed until he linked up with Cook. :stopitslime:
Yeah Steve was a good hype man/creator he could create the engine
Tim could make the car go faster

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Apple hasn't innovated shyt since steve died. Now it's just mid range hardware sold at a premium due to brand recognition.

Yeah Steve was a good hype man/creator he could create the engine
Tim could make the car go faster

IDK man, I think those two get WAY too much credit. Jobs's real accomplishment was bullying engineers and stealing their ideas. I hate this company.

There's absolutely no excuse for the way Jobs treated Wozniak, one of the GOAT engineers of all time. Lisa Jobs wrote a book and anyone who thinks the sun shone out of Jobs's ass really oughta read it. That was one evil white man.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
IDK man, I think those two get WAY too much credit. Jobs's real accomplishment was bullying engineers and stealing their ideas. I hate this company.

There's absolutely no excuse for the way Jobs treated Wozniak, one of the GOAT engineers of all time. Lisa Jobs wrote a book and anyone who thinks the sun shone out of Jobs's ass really oughta read it. That was one evil white man.
Yeah but almost all the founders of the companies in America have these stories and are evil white men . Disney,Facebook,dc,coke,etc
I'm saying if you want to compare jobs to cook you have to realize the difference
Woz wasn't going to make apple on his own volition he just liked making computers :yeshrug:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Woz wasn't going to make apple on his own volition he just liked making computers :yeshrug:

Yeah, I agree with you. You ever read the story about Jobs, Woz, and the Atari Breakout board?

When Steve Jobs worked at Atari, the company was working on creating the arcade game Breakout, which required 80 Integrated Circuits (ICs). The less ICs there were, the cheaper the games would be to produce, so Nolan Bushnell (Atari's president) offered $100 for every IC that could be knocked out of the design. Jobs brought Woz the challenge, and over four days and nights at Atari they put together a design that only required 30 ICs. Bushnell gave Jobs his $5000 bonus, which Jobs "split" with Wozniak by telling him it was a $700 bonus, giving him "half," or $350. Woz was delighted, but years later found out the truth. And cried.
It was real disgusting to me back when he died and people were crying and shyt, leaving him memorials with flowers and iPods and shyt. This dude was absolutely ruthless and woulda shoved his own damn momma into traffic if he thought it would make him richer. Dude was so arrogant, he thought he could beat cancer with fruit. This fukkin' guy actually jumped the line to get a liver transplant two years before he died. So not only did he basically kill himself, he stole a liver from someone who probably deserved it more.

I'm glad he's gone. Dude was the epitome of ruthless, cutthroat cac evilness.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I agree with you. You ever read the story about Jobs, Woz, and the Atari Breakout board?

When Steve Jobs worked at Atari, the company was working on creating the arcade game Breakout, which required 80 Integrated Circuits (ICs). The less ICs there were, the cheaper the games would be to produce, so Nolan Bushnell (Atari's president) offered $100 for every IC that could be knocked out of the design. Jobs brought Woz the challenge, and over four days and nights at Atari they put together a design that only required 30 ICs. Bushnell gave Jobs his $5000 bonus, which Jobs "split" with Wozniak by telling him it was a $700 bonus, giving him "half," or $350. Woz was delighted, but years later found out the truth. And cried.
It was real disgusting to me back when he died and people were crying and shyt, leaving him memorials with flowers and iPods and shyt. This dude was absolutely ruthless and woulda shoved his own damn momma into traffic if he thought it would make him richer. Dude was so arrogant, he thought he could beat cancer with fruit. This fukkin' guy actually jumped the line to get a liver transplant two years before he died. So not only did he basically kill himself, he stole a liver from someone who probably deserved it more.

I'm glad he's gone. Dude was the epitome of ruthless, cutthroat cac evilness.
Yeah he was an a$$hole

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nothing innovative. Just marketing tricks.
This... Apple was the top company doing this when Jobs was alive. They aren't even close to being considered that now. The quality is still top notch. But if I want innovation, I'd go to Samsung. I just love the ecosystem and quality.. But they clearly been lagging behind and taking ideas for years

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I worked for Apple, their R&D is working years in advance. Also, Steve left all the pieces there, Apple was too big to fail at that point.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I think Tim Cook did what Jobs wouldn't do in adapting major consumer friendly changes - namely embracing the multiple sizing tiers and such. They bushed perennial anorexic lover Ives and blessed the iPhones with the classic sharp design and got a little plumper for the battery.

Where that is paying off more so than the iPhones is the changes on the Macbooks. They hit it out of the park with the last ones. Plenty of ports, Magsafe is back, excellent ergonomics on the base design, and not obsessively thin.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The have to fix iPad OS on the higher tier iPads. I really hope their are massive improvements this WWDC.

The m1 pro and max chips are nuts, too bad apple threw AAA and AA gaming in the bushes.

Edit IPad still doesn’t come with a calculator all these years later :pacspit:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Apple sells itself.
They could have had an intern lead them over the past several years and still would be seeing record/breaking profits.
I somewhat agree. This would be like somebody taking over for BlockBuster in 1993. The market is already captured, BUT the real test will be how well he positions the company as competitors start to reveal new innovations in the market space. We won’t see the real fruits of his work (for better or worse) for years to come.