Anyone Else Noticing a LOT of Engagements This Year

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
How old is she? Trust me females think different, you might lose her if she's reaching her 30s soon. If I was you I would push to move in together. Live with her for 1 year and then make your decision. It's different when you live with someone 24/7. You get to pick up on their tendencies and also they lose that "luster". At that point if you still love them for who they are than you will know.
She’s 29.

I feel you. In my last relationship we lived together and she became overbearing. After her, I became a lot more cautious about moving women into my house. I really value my own space. That’s why she’s been living with me incrementally.

I know realistically if we do get married, we’d have to live together and as good as she is, it’ll feel like a huge sacrifice for me.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Can get away with a cheap and small wedding right now:yeshrug:. I know people having kids tho, this pandemic might have the baby boomer effect happening soon, if not now.

If I was in a long-term relationship and there was pressure I'd probably marry now and only spend like 4k on that shyt and get away with it.

Exsctly what we’re doing this year after summer and the parents on both our sides have vaccines.

Small wedding, 20-30 people and keep it moving.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, not GMB. I definitely want to raise my children in a married home. I can’t go on about the lack of black family structure and not lead by example.

Having said that, my lady is marriage material, I can’t have any complaints. But... as fukked up as it sounds, I’m still waiting to see if something better comes along.

I know people will think that’s out of line but most of us don’t want to feel like we “settled”, when in reality most of us do. I wouldn’t be mad if she had the same sentiments.

Like I said, once I reach 35, if I truly feel like she’s the best I can do, then I’ll propose to her.

Sounds fukked up but I promise you, 99.999% of men in long term relationships have the same mindset. I’m just being honest.

settled according to what/who?

If you think you have to wait to see if something better comes along, dont get married breh.. EVER..

MMA

Superstar
Daps
She’s not lacking. It’s me. It could be my fear of commitment so I use “settling” as a defense mechanism. She’s a good woman. My parents and siblings love her. She can cook. She’s funny. Thoughtful etc.

Apart from her annoying gay ass friends, she doesn’t have any flaws. We don’t live together (which I strongly pushed for), but she stays over at mine for weeks at a time.

I haven’t cheated at all, despite the temptation being there. I just have to really ask myself is this really it? Is this the woman I want to wake up to everyday until I die? I’d like to believe I wouldn’t have a side woman if I do get married but almost every married man I know has one.

People change, children come into the equation, sex drives could go down. It’s daunting thinking about it. Any man would be happy to have a woman like her. I guess it’s a case of always wondering “is the grass greener?”.
I say all of this respectfully brother. The honesty is good but there’s no way in hell she is doing half of that and knows that’s what is holding you back.
The L awaiting you and her. She is currently taking her L and you will receive it once you can stop beating around the bush. :wow:
I feel for her next man. He’ll come with all of the desires she’s hoping for and she’ll give him none of what you are receiving. You are the worse type but I’m going to let you cook. :hubie:

Last edited:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
She’s 29.

I feel you. In my last relationship we lived together and she became overbearing. After her, I became a lot more cautious about moving women into my house. I really value my own space. That’s why she’s been living with me incrementally.

I know realistically if we do get married, we’d have to live together and as good as she is, it’ll feel like a huge sacrifice for me.

If you dont at least pump a baby in her, she gonna start getting real bytchy my nikka...
You and her have different kind of thinking when it comes to "time"

I'm gmb, but I'm also honest...:francis:

No female your serious with gonna let you straddle her along without some form of commitment..whether it be baby or marriage...

You playing a dangerous game and when she starts turning against you for no reason, this is why...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I say all of this respectfully brother. The honesty is good but there’s no way in hell she is doing half of that and knows that’s what is holding you back.
The L awaiting you and her. She is currently taking her L and you will receive it once you can stop beating around the bush. :wow:
I feel for her next man. He’ll come with all of the desires she’s hoping for and she’ll give him none of what you are receiving. You are the worse type but I’m going to let you cook. :hubie:
lol breh gonna learn breh. Dude talking this wait till 35 crap like he cant die before then. Women dont have the time men have, after the age of 25 brehs should either just smash chicks no commitment, or just date chicks in 1 year rotations if they know marriage isn't for them anytime soon. Dudes are bragging about taking a womans prime years only to bush her. These are straight up simps breh, because if they wanted better they would be out looking for better, not holding a chick hostage and waiting for something else to come by. By the time dude even tries to marry her the damage will be done and she will already resent him. After she gets her wedding, baby, and social media fame from the pics from these things she will bush this goofy and he will be making Coli threads crying about child support.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If you dont at least pump a baby in her, she gonna start getting real bytchy my nikka...
You and her have different kind of thinking when it comes to "time"

I'm gmb, but I'm also honest...:francis:

No female your serious with gonna let you straddle her along without some form of commitment..whether it be baby or marriage...

You playing a dangerous game and when she starts turning against you for no reason, this is why...

watch breh make a thread crying if she bushes him first or cheats.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women and men aint trying to lose those pensions and benefits if nikkas dead from covid.

:yeshrug:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean with less travel, parties and social events there is definitely less temptations to cheat/mingle/ be single and more to settle down.

Brehs are probably like

:manny:

Women aren't even seeing their "work boyfriend" anymore. And you ain't seeing that chick that works on the third floor with a fat ass at the water cooler anymore.

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

Knock it off with yo sucker for love ass, his partner is a whole ass adult, she can make decisions for herself, and set standards/preferences/ultimatums, if she's okay with the terms and conditions the outcome is on her not anyone else. If shyt goes left and @ThrobbingHood is talking about regret or missing her then we can shyt on him, but the coddling/babying of grown women is sawft, simp behavior.

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
"What can this man do for me?"

Instead of

"What can we do for each other?"

I'm 22 and girls legit ask me this question. In a funny way I appreciate it, because it just makes it easier to see that she doesn't give a flying fukk about me. The way I see it, with how transaction male/female interactions are marriage isn't worth it/sustainable for most. Outside of a hs sweetheart or a girl that choose you in your buliding/struggle phase the fact of matter is you don't really know if she like you or if she likes how you can make her feel through the experiences/moments you can provide.