Anyone Else Noticing a LOT of Engagements This Year

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
This is the time you know what kind of partner you are dealing with if you are stuck with each other 24/7. When you are stuck in doors all day what else is there to do. Would do it again in this environment.

Married couples are not around each other 24/7 under normal circumstances. Covid lockdown had all couples going crazy because now suddenly it was 24/7 so divorce rate shot up and relationships came to an end

but those that split weren’t meant to be anyway if you couldn’t handle a couple months like that

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
My lady has been pushing for it recently. She knows I’m not even considering it until my mid/late 30s though. :patrice:

her: “one of my colleagues just got engaged.”

me: “ah that’s great.”

her: “isn’t it wonderful.”

me: “mm hmm.”

her: “to make that commitment for life.”

Me: “mm hmm.”

her: “it must be a great feeling.”

me:
74d.jpg
:jbhmm: What's holding you back (or are you just gmb)?

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
:jbhmm: What's holding you back (or are you just gmb)?
Nah, not GMB. I definitely want to raise my children in a married home. I can’t go on about the lack of black family structure and not lead by example.

Having said that, my lady is marriage material, I can’t have any complaints. But... as fukked up as it sounds, I’m still waiting to see if something better comes along.

I know people will think that’s out of line but most of us don’t want to feel like we “settled”, when in reality most of us do. I wouldn’t be mad if she had the same sentiments.

Like I said, once I reach 35, if I truly feel like she’s the best I can do, then I’ll propose to her.

Sounds fukked up but I promise you, 99.999% of men in long term relationships have the same mindset. I’m just being honest.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Nah, not GMB. I definitely want to raise my children in a married home. I can’t go on about the lack of black family structure and not lead by example.

Having said that, my lady is marriage material, I can’t have any complaints. But... as fukked up as it sounds, I’m still waiting to see if something better comes along.

I know people will think that’s out of line but most of us don’t want to feel like we “settled”, when in reality most of us do. I wouldn’t be mad if she had the same sentiments.

Like I said, once I reach 35, if I truly feel like she’s the best I can do, then I’ll propose to her.

Sounds fukked up but I promise you, 99.999% of men in long term relationships have the same mindset. I’m just being honest.
No, i feel you. This is a big decision. My question is, where do you feel she's lacking?

ThrobbingHood

Daps
No, i feel you. This is a big decision. My question is, where do you feel she's lacking?
She’s not lacking. It’s me. It could be my fear of commitment so I use “settling” as a defense mechanism. She’s a good woman. My parents and siblings love her. She can cook. She’s funny. Thoughtful etc.

Apart from her annoying gay ass friends, she doesn’t have any flaws. We don’t live together (which I strongly pushed for), but she stays over at mine for weeks at a time.

I haven’t cheated at all, despite the temptation being there. I just have to really ask myself is this really it? Is this the woman I want to wake up to everyday until I die? I’d like to believe I wouldn’t have a side woman if I do get married but almost every married man I know has one.

People change, children come into the equation, sex drives could go down. It’s daunting thinking about it. Any man would be happy to have a woman like her. I guess it’s a case of always wondering “is the grass greener?”.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Why waste her time? Lmfao thats corn ball ish man and you going to ruin her for the next person

ThrobbingHood

Daps
Why waste her time? Lmfao thats corn ball ish man and you going to ruin her for the next person
If I marry her then I’m not wasting her time. She knows the deal. I’m not holding her captive. :yeshrug:

P.S., why would I want to upgrade her for the next nikka? I want him to inherit an emotional wreck if we break up. :ufdup:

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
She’s not lacking. It’s me. It could be my fear of commitment so I use “settling” as a defense mechanism. She’s a good woman. My parents and siblings love her. She can cook. She’s funny. Thoughtful etc.

Apart from her annoying gay ass friends, she doesn’t have any flaws. We don’t live together (which I strongly pushed for), but she stays over at mine for weeks at a time.

I haven’t cheated at all, despite the temptation being there. I just have to really ask myself is this really it? Is this the woman I want to wake up to everyday until I die? I’d like to believe I wouldn’t have a side woman if I do get married but almost every married man I know has one.

People change, children come into the equation, sex drives could go down. It’s daunting thinking about it. Any man would be happy to have a woman like her. I guess it’s a case of always wondering “is the grass greener?”.
How old is she? Trust me females think different, you might lose her if she's reaching her 30s soon. If I was you I would push to move in together. Live with her for 1 year and then make your decision. It's different when you live with someone 24/7. You get to pick up on their tendencies and also they lose that "luster". At that point if you still love them for who they are than you will know.