Anyone Else Go To The Gym At Night Between 11am-3am?

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I was slippin today and went at 4AM and there was 2 other people there. On a snowy Christmas morning.

The two gyms I have memberships with were all closed today... :martin: Must be something new because they used to at least have holiday hours where they would be open from like 8 til 2 or 3. Had to make do with my Bodylastics bands today.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Honest question - Doesn't the preworkout fukk up your sleep ?
Obviously they would but I don't take pre-workout pills because they actually don't do anything as it's me putting in the work not a pill. It is all psychological giving nothing more than a false sense of energy -- think about it.

If you ate properly and got enough sleep you wouldn't need to have a fake energy boost. Only people with poor diets and little sleep take them.

The part of your diet that gives you energy are complex carbs combined with a source of fat. then mix that with something high in protein. It's as simple as that. Oh, and eating enough to compensate for your calorie expenditure.

I'm not saying that I look like The Rock but I try to focus on my diet to not end up fukking up my body.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Honest question - Doesn't the preworkout fukk up your sleep ?
Yup. They're good for morning lifters or guys who lift in the middle of the day. But if you take it at night, it can definitely fukk up your sleep cycle.

Obviously they would but I don't take pre-workout pills because they actually don't do anything as it's me putting in the work not a pill. It is all psychological giving nothing more than a false sense of energy -- think about it.

If you ate properly and got enough sleep you wouldn't need to have a fake energy boost. Only people with poor diets and little sleep take them.

The part of your diet that gives you energy are complex carbs combined with a source of fat. then mix that with something high in protein. It's as simple as that. Oh, and eating enough to compensate for your calorie expenditure.

I'm not saying that I look like The Rock but I try to focus on my diet to not end up fukking up my body.
Naw there are pre-workouts that actually make a difference.

If you don't need em, you save yourself some money. But there are some that will take your focus/stamina to another level.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Yup. They're good for morning lifters or guys who lift in the middle of the day. But if you take it at night, it can definitely fukk up your sleep cycle.

If you don't need em, you save yourself some money. But there are some that will take your focus/stamina to another level.
Name some

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!

That is a marketing gimmick.

The active ingredient/s in these pre-workouts are 99% of the time either caffeine or caffeine combined with pure ginseng root.

I'm not saying that they don't work but they are not even necessary if you ate, slept and gave yourself time to recover properly.

If you need a pre-workout that just means your body hasn't recovered fully from the last session.

The trick simply is to reduce the intensity at the gym the next day or give yourself a days rest if you feel super tired.

Why would you need to train everyday to look like Usain Bolt if all you are doing is sitting at a desk punching in digits all day, you won't be putting your body to use.

I just train when I have the time and energy to do so and not force it otherwise I'll just end up falling off the wagon like I did in my teens.

Pre-workouts are some dangerous shyt.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Most pre workouts are bullshyt. Theres the 3 ingredients you can buy with separately and wont have all the stimulants and proprietary blends in them.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I go to a 24/7 gym and I usually go late at around 10pm but lately I've been going later. It's like the usual session that would last 2hours takes just over an hour. No waiting for shyt, just straight to using what I want.
The instructors already cleaned the gym up and put all the weights back on the rack nicely. The gym equipments brand new. It just feels like I've got a giant home gym with no one in there.
It's very relaxing too.
What are your reasons for going to the gym late?
My gym just switched to being open 24/7.
I go later in the evening so there are a lot less people.
In the early evening, everyone is off from work and already ate dinner and whatever. It's packed. Machines. People taking cardio classes. Trainers taking advantage of stupid people. I also went early one day, like 6 in the morning and the gym was super packed from everyone who works out before they start their day. It was like there was more than the early evening crowd.
Early evening on Sunday is usually empty. There's about 3 to 6 people in there, gym rats or fat folks. No pawgs in sight. I can focus on lifting 100%.

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
These comments make me appreciate my gym even more! I never have to worry about waiting for a machine or overcrowding.

:blessed: