Anyone else an empath/pick up vibes?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I've had this for such a long time now that it gets creepy how accurate it is when associating someone's personality/trauma. I still can look at someone and get a feeling about them, but now it's not so much that I'm overwhelmed with physiological feelings from it, but I just pay attention to my own inner emotions and how the react. I also listen to what people say very closely or see their demeanor and pick up patterns really well.

Like just this past week I had a patient that was quiet and emotionless almost, very serious, but still responsive. Not open. And just looking at him I could feel that it wasn't personal and knew it was cultural and also probably he had some mental disorder unrelated to depression.

Anyways I felt strongly about it and suddenly I got the feeling he was German. I go check his chart and see his last name and later I ask whats his heritage and he tells me he's German and Dannish. Germans are known to be emotionally unresponsive, not because they aren't emotion and don't feel, but just because their emotional systems of expression are different. The patient also had a seizure disorder, which confirmed my idea that it wasn't depression or true anxiety.

Anyways that was just associations true, and it comes from experience, but the ideas and feelings came just from looking at him and listening to him talk. It is very strange.

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
Yep. It's draining at times always picking up on others people's energy. Definitely have to ground yourself daily. And be sure that the energy (emotions) that you're carrying is yours.

Def helps you to understand people more but it's interesting because a lot of people I read well are so scared of facing the music.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yep. It's draining at times always picking up on others people's energy. Definitely have to ground yourself daily. And be sure that the energy (emotions) that you're carrying is yours.

Def helps you to understand people more but it's interesting because a lot of people I read well are so scared of facing the music.
That's the thing! They lie! Sometimes I get frustrated with the lies, esp when I know the truth.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem

That's why I don't like going places with large crowds especially shopping. All that energy can be overwhelming at times. There's always that one person (or more) that boosts yours up cuz you know they got good energy.

PCHMalibu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Malibu
That's why I don't like going places with large crowds especially shopping. All that energy can be overwhelming at times. There's always that one person (or more) that boosts yours up cuz you know they got good energy.

Right...learning to be way more selective with who I let in or surround myself with. It's a lot of ppl that'll try and dump their shyt on you if you allow it.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I used to have it, not any more. Nothing supernatural, I was just atuned to people. Random people would talk to me for 5 minutes and start pouring their hearts out to me about crazy shyt childhood trauama and everything. It was weird and cool, but kind of went after a few years.

How do you get rid of it?

I end up knowing folks's whole lives by the end of the night.

I always hear "I've never spoken to anyone like this before :dwillhuh:"

It's odd man, I just sit and listen, ask open ended questions.

I'm starting to think that a lot of people are just really really lonely out here :wow:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I've done this my whole life, but as I've gotten older I've learned it's not really meta-sensory perception, it's just a matter of shutting the fukk up and observing people. Understanding human nature and people's motivations also helps.
I believe sensory organs exist within a human being that we cannot see that control these factors. I think some people are better at using those organs/processes than others. I do believe thought some have been given the gift, whereas others honed it.