The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
How is shudder? Should I subscribe? :lupe:
Yes!! I totally recommend it. Worth the $4.99, horror is my favorite genre, so I’m not just saying that- I’ve watched a lot of shows and movies on there. And they have better offerings than Netflix and Hulu. Netflix is lacking with quality horror content lately. I’ve seen most of the movies in there. The “original” shudder movies and series are dope too. Good mix of the classics, new releases and mixed interest programming. They usually offer free promo trials for a week - if you want to try it out. Google “shudder free trial”.. I can’t test any codes bc I already subscribe to it. If you decide to get it and need watch recommendations to get started- let me know and there’s posts over in the horror sub forum genre discussion.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I ended up downloading season 2.
Show is so crazy man!!
I knew from the first episode it was going to be something. They wasted no time in getting to the gore and action lol. No slow build up, no character development.. straight up crazy outback dude mass murder first, ask questions later... not even her little brother was safe
:picard:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes!! I totally recommend it. Worth the $4.99, horror is my favorite genre, so I’m not just saying that- I’ve watched a lot of shows and movies on there. And they have better offerings than Netflix and Hulu. Netflix is lacking with quality horror content lately. I’ve seen most of the movies in there. The “original” shudder movies and series are dope too. Good mix of the classics, new releases and mixed interest programming. They usually offer free promo trials for a week - if you want to try it out. Google “shudder free trial”.. I can’t test any codes bc I already subscribe to it. If you decide to get it and need watch recommendations to get started- let me know and there’s posts over in the horror sub forum genre discussion.
Just ordered and watching wolf creek season 1 now

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
For those of you who caught on early as to who the killer was
What gave it away that it was the breh and brehette?
For me it was the fact that the brother seemed to not be shown for a large chunk of time until him, his sister and the Muslim girl decided to hang out at the party, the stuff with how their mom killed herself and their stepmom was acting and then when The Druid went after the sister in broad daylight at the school w3hich struck me as a misdirection move.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Maybe I am just getting too old, or not the right mood, but I feel like I went in with best intentions, and had already burned out 40 minutes into the first episode. I think Netflix originals have done a good job with satire of contemporaneous culture/satire, which was also the strongest part of "You", while the suspense/thriller/ fell mostly flat.

The story building and setting of the 2nd season went along way towards dressing up a very well worn and tired set up. This seems overly violent and grotesque, maybe I am soft and worn out, but I don't need to see a girl getting her face burned by acid/bleach in a toilet, after having sex with a guy while her racist Dad listens. What was that about?

The formula has worn too this and is being hit too hard. A bunch of messy, nasty people with secrets are butchered for 8 hours. Love to see the Muslim woman have a normal part, but so much of this was just hamfisted and overdone. There isn't enough style or class to sustain the brutal violence. It needs to be pared way down for this to ever work, or perhaps I am better served to avoid the material altogether.

I looked up the killer and turned it off about 3 episodes in, and I don't feel I have lost anything. The explanations get so murky and the backstories so bizarre, it all is just exhausting, when it should be mindless escapism, and I don't mind the satire, or the politics, but I feel a little queasy marrying it to such intense and brutal killings.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was good. It reminded me of American Horror Story and Scream Queens.

But come on breh. I called the son being the killer from like Episode 2. The Executioner was like 6"3, brolic and strong enough to toss everyone around. Who else would be that but, this giant cac? And who else would get indoctrinated to become the new copycat....outside of the son of the preacher that was spared by the previous killer who also still goes to visit him in prison. It was mad obvious.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Are these episodes on Shudder the continuing of this series? I don’t have that channel