Anybody Wall Mount their TV themselves?

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
The real question is, did you run the wires behind the wall or let them dangle to the floor like a bum.

lol @ "like a bum"

For some reason, I can't stop thinking about "That Singer Guys" old setup
It looked nice, but he was going out like a bum. Forever etched in my brain (sorry T.S.G)

Daps
I already got a Wall Mount and the tools I need. But the instructions that came with it are :scusthov: and seems to be leaving a few parts out

I just don't want to risk messing it up and watching my 60inch
:ohhh:
Right now as I type this I'm waiting for my wall mount to come in today from Amazon for my new 60 inch.
Trippy.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
lol @ "like a bum"

For some reason, I can't stop thinking about "That Singer Guys" old setup
It looked nice, but he was going out like a bum. Forever etched in my brain (sorry T.S.G)

We gotta operate in realistic frames. When the cords are dangling from the air to the ground, it cheapens the effect. When you cant see the cords and the cords are behind the wall mount the effect of professionality is enhanced. Leave it up to some knucnkleheads to just stop at the wall mount with some loose cords dangling braggin like they deserve respect. When the AC is pumping through the house you just see those cords slowly swaying in the breeze. Makes a man look cheap and bummish im sorry. Thats some old immature man cave game room type swag in my opinion but im just a man with a Crakface so what do i know.

On the low i think alot of men are intimidated at the thought of working on their walls. Knocking out chunks of plaster makes the average man shook because the average man is a clown who doesnt know a thing about home improvement. I find this sickening.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How high are you hanging it? i wanna hang mine above my fireplace but I always read that it was bad for you neck and eyes to be looking at tv anything other than eye level​

yeah, my boy did that and ended up taking it down. it's definitely more comfortable at eye level

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
You also might want to raise your power outlet, you don't want any wires dangling and you definitely should not put a regular power cord inside the wall.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
How high are you hanging it? i wanna hang mine above my fireplace​

no.jpg

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
We gotta operate in realistic frames. When the cords are dangling from the air to the ground, it cheapens the effect. When you cant see the cords and the cords are behind the wall mount the effect of professionality is enhanced. Leave it up to some knucnkleheads to just stop at the wall mount with some loose cords dangling braggin like they deserve respect. When the AC is pumping through the house you just see those cords slowly swaying in the breeze. Makes a man look cheap and bummish im sorry. Thats some old immature man cave game room type swag in my opinion but im just a man with a Crakface so what do i know.

On the low i think alot of men are intimidated at the thought of working on their walls. Knocking out chunks of plaster makes the average man shook because the average man is a clown who doesnt know a thing about home improvement. I find this sickening.
Damn,:huhldup:I'm considering mounting my TV too. Was on the fence about hiding the cables behind the wall but I'll definitely do that now. :picard:

Daps
Reppin
Mounted a 65 inch on my own. It was easy once you find the studs and measurements. My recommendation is to draw outline or where you will be putting it. Draw outline for each end of the tv plus and also the hooks.

I bought a nice stand that covers all my wires so it looks like nothing is dangling

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I mount all my own TVs...the keys are a good mount and a the ideal viewing level for the TV.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
mounted 55 inch in my bedroom.

do not eyeball this :russ:

COP A STUD FINDER :heh:

COP OR RENT A DRILL :patrice:

outline where and how the tv wil be mounted in pencil first and make sure its level.