Anybody Wall Mount their TV themselves?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
it seems pretty simple for the most part.

I already got a Wall Mount and the tools I need. But the instructions that came with it are :scusthov: and seems to be leaving a few parts out

I just don't want to risk messing it up and watching my 60inch coming crashing down so I kind of want to get a professional for it that way if something goes wrong. I got someone who will do it for $100 but I can tell Ima be like "I could've done that shyt"

Just wanted to see if anyone else has done it themselves and has any tips..

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
in the process of mounting a 32 in the bedroom, and a 60 in the basement; its pretty straight forward. you'll need:

stud finder, drill and associated bits, level, mount/brackets (they should include all the hardware you need, ie. bolts, screws, etc).

make sure you drill into the studs behind the drywall, or if you're just going to use the drywall (:heh:), make sure you get super strong anchors (though I wouldnt recommend anything other than securing the mount to the stud)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've done it.

I mounted my 40in in the bedroom by myself. I used Youtube. My girl even helped me put it up, so you should be able to do it with a friend and some time on your hands.

Co-sign the post above me as well.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Thats whats up, yeah it seems pretty straight forward.

My girl will be there to help me put it up as well.

I got a stud finder yesterday so I should be good to go.

Just wanted to get confirmation that it was as simple as it seems.

I'ma give it a try to tonight, if I get it up I'll come back and post some pics :myman:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Its kinda a pain in the ass but worth it. Bout to mount my 55" in the next few weeks. Like everyone said, if you get a solid drill into the studs no homo, its easy and you can tell by pulling on it a little how stable it is. shyt wont move if you do it right.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
it seems pretty simple for the most part.

I already got a Wall Mount and the tools I need. But the instructions that came with it are :scusthov: and seems to be leaving a few parts out

I just don't want to risk messing it up and watching my 60inch coming crashing down so I kind of want to get a professional for it that way if something goes wrong. I got someone who will do it for $100 but I can tell Ima be like "I could've done that shyt"

Just wanted to see if anyone else has done it themselves and has any tips..

The real question is, did you run the wires behind the wall or let them dangle to the floor like a bum.