Anybody here ever been to India??

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
can u describe the slums

man, I went to pray Jumuah prayer at a Mosque here and I jumped on a 'Rickshaw' and was saying to the guy to take me to pray at Mosque. He takes me somewhere, afterwards it's packed, so the next rickshaw driver couldn't take me back from the route I came cause it's just after prayers and it's totally jammed, so he took me through the back - the slums.

The slums is just...well the worst smell imaginable, garbage everywhere, people in clothing that seems like they just came out of an apocalypse (dirty, torn, ripped), the houses aren't houses, they're like tents and well whatever rubbish you can find to create yourself some cover.

It's sad breh, in all honesty. So much poverty here, and no one gives a fvck.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm in Delhi right now for a few months, really don't want to be, but what can you do.

Some of the slums here really are the worst ghettos you will see in any part of the world. Really sad stuff.

Good people though, in all honesty. Great people.

Absolute chaos right now though for everyone with the demonetisation of their currency. Has left us all with big problems.

Indians in india behave differently to Indians in foreign countries..I found them to be warm and friendly whereas indians in other countries are full of shyt and act like their shyt dont stink.

Some of my friends that took different flights said there was a massive slum by the airport in Mumbai that stretched as far as the eye could see. they actually offer slum tours..

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
man, I went to pray Jumuah prayer at a Mosque here and I jumped on a 'Rickshaw' and was saying to the guy to take me to pray at Mosque. He takes me somewhere, afterwards it's packed, so the next rickshaw driver couldn't take me back from the route I came cause it's just after prayers and it's totally jammed, so he took me through the back - the slums.

The slums is just...well the worst smell imaginable, garbage everywhere, people in clothing that seems like they just came out of an apocalypse (dirty, torn, ripped), the houses aren't houses, they're like tents and well whatever rubbish you can find to create yourself some cover.

damn thats sad af

also salaam my fellow muslim coli breh :salute:

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Indians in india behave differently to Indians in foreign countries..I found them to be warm and friendly whereas indians in other countries are full of shyt and act like their shyt dont stink.

Some of my friends that took different flights said there was a massive slum by the airport in Mumbai that stretched as far as the eye could see. they actually offer slum tours..

100% correct breh. This is why I don't talk shyt about people from other nationalities, because I've met so many people from say different countries in our Western world and they try and get away from their culture (or are too cultural) and are genuinely shyt people (and shyt on others from their country), and then I'll go to the country their from or similar, and they are the nicest people in the world. What you described of NRIs as they call them here is exactly how I feel, in particular well off Indians.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

Yeah, Dharavi. It's actually not bad compared to some of the other slums, but because it's the biggest it has the worst rep.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
damn thats sad af

also salaam my fellow muslim coli breh :salute:

Walaikum asalam breh.

Can I just add - yeah it's such a cheesy thing to add and say these people are so nice here, but without any exaggeration brothers, this place is chaos, and every second these guys are tested on their patience and their anger - and so many still hold it together. I have to praise them.

A day after I arrived they had the demonetisation of their currency just secretly sprung on them by their Government, and it is absolute chaos here because of it right now, and yet when I walk past lines of thousands to try and get into a bank, you still see smiles, laughter and humbleness - things like that are priceless.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Walaikum asalam breh.

Can I just add - yeah it's such a cheesy thing to add and say these people are so nice here, but without any exaggeration brothers, this place is chaos, and every second these guys are tested on their patience and their anger - and so many still hold it together. I have to praise them.

A day after I arrived they had the demonetisation of their currency just secretly sprung on them by their Government, and it is absolute chaos here because of it right now, and yet when I walk past lines of thousands to try and get into a bank, you still see smiles, laughter and humbleness - things like that are priceless.
:wow:....

:mjcry:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

One of India's wealthiest families live in this palace

images

That whole building for one family

images

Living like that in front of the most deplorable poverty :pacspit:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Walaikum asalam breh.

I was there when Modi pulled the 500 and 1000 rupee notes..it was a disaster. to make things worse I'd blown the 4000 in notes I had on a shopping expedition and couldn't get more cash as all ATMs were closed, literally boarded up. they call it Black Money since india corrupt as fukk and people stash cash in the billions at home..by the time I left the new 2000 had been released so I was among the first to have it. problem was nobody had change

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
I was there when Modi pulled the 500 and 1000 rupee notes..it was a disaster. to make things worse I'd blown the 4000 in notes I had on a shopping expedition and couldn't get more cash as all ATMs were closed, literally boarded up. they call it Black Money since india corrupt as fukk and people stash cash in the billions at home..by the time I left the new 2000 had been released so I was among the first to have it. problem was nobody had change

makes sense, of course no one had change right breh? I faced that too.

I did read it was due to black money, and there is not a doubt in my mind about the corruption here (you'd have to be crazy levels of dumb to not see or recognize it) and I hate talking about politics so I don't know whether Modi's decision was good or not (terrorism excuse looked a bit ehh)...but the only people I really see suffering because of it is the lower class.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I did read it was due to black money, and there is not a doubt in my mind about the corruption here (you'd have to be crazy levels of dumb to not see or recognize it) and I hate talking about politics so I don't know whether Modi's decision was good or not (terrorism excuse looked a bit ehh)...but the only people I really see suffering because of it is the lower class.

Nothing wrong with pulling those dirty 500 and 1000 notes, just print enough new ones and be prepared. they kept extending and extending the use of the Black money cause they'd fukked up big time.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I'm there every couple of years, going again in January to see my sister and my little nephew.

For foreigners who don't have any reason to visit India except for tourism, I would recommend you keep to states like Goa, Himachal Pradesh, and Kerala. Jammu & Kashmir would be a lock-in, except India and Pakistan have been beefing over that state since the '40s and it's very prone to terrorist attacks.

Avoid big cities (Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata) because they're horrible. The other piece of advice I have to give is never ever drink water unless it's bottled water. Also be wary of eating food from roadside shops, you need a local immune system to be able to handle that shyt.
I used to be homeless in NYC.
I can even drink Mexican tap water with no consequences.
Challenge accepted. The filthiest DC carryout with multiple violations couldn't stop me. I'm getting samosas off the street, b. I want roti made in dem skreet.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

Nothing wrong with pulling those dirty 500 and 1000 notes, just print enough new ones and be prepared. they kept extending and extending the use of the Black money cause they'd fukked up big time.

That shyt won't work. Anybody who's real will have most of their dirty money in US dollars or in offshore bank accounts.