Anybody got the Nvidia Shield TV? Thinking of Bushesing this Fire Tv

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buddy of mine was telling us about it earlier. Looks interesting but not sure what the benefits are. I have a 4k firestick i got over the summer. My moms wanted me to get her one since the previous gen one I gave her has an issue with the remote. So I was thinking maybe I'll look into this and give her my firestick. But can this thing even run Kodi and is there anything special about it? Does this have for gaming also?
I upgraded from the non-4k firestick to the older version of the Shield.

It runs Kodi. Since it's an android box, it updates automatically so you don't have to worry about keeping up to date with Kodi. It's just a bigger, faster, more powerful firestick if you're using it for streaming.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I upgraded from the non-4k firestick to the older version of the Shield.

It runs Kodi. Since it's an android box, it updates automatically so you don't have to worry about keeping up to date with Kodi. It's just a bigger, faster, more powerful firestick if you're using it for streaming.

It doesn’t have the amazon OS (in favor of vanilla Android TV) on it so it’s a major upgrade on that front too.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
FYI, I copped a shield and my fire boxes are in the deepest section of the bushes :russ:

yo, I had one on my amazon wish lise for a few years, I could never justify it because I have apple tv4k and a 4k firestick.. I finally got one for xmas........ Top five pieces of electronics in my entire house... it does everything all my other devices do, and I can stream games from my gaming pc to my living room so I can play on the couch.. This thing is severely underrated.. and it came with a remote and controller, everything synced up flawlessly, I may never use my apple tv again

Rayzah

Daps
Im about to tell me apple tv, I think we need to take a "break" I need some time to get my life in order.. then say we can still be friends

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
yo, I had one on my amazon wish lise for a few years, I could never justify it because I have apple tv4k and a 4k firestick.. I finally got one for xmas........ Top five pieces of electronics in my entire house... it does everything all my other devices do, and I can stream games from my gaming pc to my living room so I can play on the couch.. This thing is severely underrated.. and it came with a remote and controller, everything synced up flawlessly, I may never use my apple tv again
I have 3 and they’re still amazing.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Man....been trying to justify getting one. How is the lag when using it to stream games from your PC? That’s my main worry

Rayzah

Daps
Man....been trying to justify getting one. How is the lag when using it to stream games from your PC? That’s my main worry
depending on your router and the setup, wifi in general is always sketchy, but if you hard wire the pc and hard wire the shield it should be flawless

I played around with it for about 30 minutes and the lag was minor, my router setup is trash, we all share bandwith in this building and the walls are concrete and not drywall so it fukks with the wifi... and even still the games play pretty smooth

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
damn so you replaced all of your smart devices with one :heh:

Yep. Took a long ass time, but i did. I started off years ago with random Android TV devices then I moved on to Fire TVs. Then I got a shield for my bedroom and it was all downhill from there. Just put a shield in my son’s room last week.

I had to put it in his room because the Fire TVs have shytty parental controls (which are only necessary for the bullshyt Amazon added to the OS).

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Late pass, just picked up a Shield TV Pro for the home theater. This thing is the ultimate streamer, blows my 4k blu-ray player streaming capabilities out of the water.

4K HDR :ohlawd:

Dolby Atmos :noah:

3GB Ram :whew:

Android OS :ahh:

Might have to get a 2nd one for the bedroom a/v collection.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got one in the bedroom a 2019 model and a 2017 model in the living room. Love them both. I hardly ever use my Roku Ultra anymore.