Anybody got the Nvidia Shield TV? Thinking of Bushesing this Fire Tv

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Explain how it's better?
Cleaner more customizable interface, better hardware with more efficient resource management
Not to mention it's not locked down or always advertising to you like FireTv. It's also pure Android, gets updated quickly and has the best hardware on the market.

Creepn

All Star
Daps
Copped the Shield TV with the Smartthings adapter that comes with it this month. :wow: Got me into the smart home game.

Asked my momma for a controller for Christmas so that's coming in soon. The experience is much smoother and the interface is cleaner and simple. Plus AAA games from the cloud is just a click away is very nice. The Fire Stick is fine but got too much shyt going on.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this new one will probably be able to run dolphin emulator with no hiccups.. gamecube and wii games

i tried on the current shield and its hit or miss depending on the game

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I find Android Tv to be buggy at times. Roku Ultra has served me well in the few months I've had it. No crashing at all.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I find Android Tv to be buggy at times. Roku Ultra has served me well in the few months I've had it. No crashing at all.

I have a Roku as well and it is stable as hell. The only problem with it is it's so limited in what it can do because it's pretty locked down.

If you set it up properly, the Shield is an all in one media player that can literally do everything. I have a local channel tuner, all cable/premium channels/PPVs, and access to my full media library that I've built over the years. Plus I can still do the standard Netflix/Hulu/other streaming services as well. It's a wildly versatile device for the price. It's worth the hiccups (which always occur with Android in general) you may see occasionally.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I have a Roku as well and it is stable as hell. The only problem with it is it's so limited in what it can do because it's pretty locked down.

If you set it up properly, the Shield is an all in one media player that can literally do everything. I have a local channel tuner, all cable/premium channels/PPVs, and access to my full media library that I've built over the years. Plus I can still do the standard Netflix/Hulu/other streaming services as well. It's a wildly versatile device for the price. It's worth the hiccups (which always occur with Android in general) you may see occasionally.
Makes sense. Like the apple vs android model basically