Anybody got the Nvidia Shield TV? Thinking of Bushesing this Fire Tv

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
shield in living room... fire tv in bedroom..firestick in guest room...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I have a Roku as well and it is stable as hell. The only problem with it is it's so limited in what it can do because it's pretty locked down.

If you set it up properly, the Shield is an all in one media player that can literally do everything. I have a local channel tuner, all cable/premium channels/PPVs, and access to my full media library that I've built over the years. Plus I can still do the standard Netflix/Hulu/other streaming services as well. It's a wildly versatile device for the price. It's worth the hiccups (which always occur with Android in general) you may see occasionally.
How do you go about getting the local channel tuner?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
How do you go about getting the local channel tuner?

The Hauppauge 1595 WinTV dual HD tuner is plug and play with the shield. I bought mine from eBay used for around 60. You just plug it into one of the shield's USB ports and screw your cable in the back of it. If you have an OTA antenna hooked up it literally just works out of the box. Well worth it for me and always 100% crisp local HD for the major local channels (ABC, NBC, etc.) no matter how good/bad the weather is, unlike DirecTV.

Once again, I've only used this with the shield but others in the cut cable thread can verify.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Only thing stopping me from getting one is the lack of continued support from Nvidia.

I copped The fire cube and it is garbage. Slower than my 1st Gen fire tv

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing stopping me from getting one is the lack of continued support from Nvidia.

I copped The fire cube and it is garbage. Slower than my 1st Gen fire tv

Not sure what u mean.. They support and update it every couple of months.. And as far as apps u update them in the playstore

NVIDIA SHIELD: Software Upgrade 7.2.3