Anybody from Oakland? Depressing ass Documentary

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
EXCELLENT POST. I heard about them LA niccas (DJ Quik) niccas specifically trying to bring that lifestyle out here, and them niccas got stomped out. There was a song back in the day (no bloods in crips n Oakland), something like that. As far as gentrification goes, it is needed, and though it is quite unfortunate, like you said, it makes the areas inhabitable again. In Brooklyn (like you said), its going through the same thing. The building BIG lived in are now condos being sold for 750k. Harlem, same thing. When I was there, place was an infestation. Brooklyn was dirty, certain parts. I got fam in Queens and a brother who left Flatbush not too long ago. Oakland needs it. They can start in west Oakland, because it is smaller, and north Oakland, because it is closer to Berkeley and Emeryville. So it is easier. Niccas in east oakland need to watch out. Over there off of Seminary, going towards 580, there are pockets of young, white and Asian families beginning to pop up in the same area. I'm sure some of them go to the same realtor, some different. But the thing is, the realtors are showing them the SAME neighborhood. Look at the lake Merritt area. New restaurant, that ENTIRE lake project is near completion. Downtown, new condos everywhere. New businesses up and down telegraph. They are trying to get it to be as much like SF as possible. West Oakland is full of dilapidated property tht has been renovated and converted to lofts/condos. Property has been there for years, and the niccas in that area have NEVER made a move to rebuild that community. They rather rob, shoot and kill instead of invest. And they are sitting In a central HUB that is worth hundreds of millions in old property, and never made a move. Its like niccas in Africa with all these natural resources, trillions literally, and these niccas beefing over religion, trivial civil wars, etc. had what they needed to take over the world, negotiate, and look. Oakland is the same way. NO black businesses. Chinatown and the Hispanics have their slice with businesses, niccas rather beef over turf, broads and women. It needs it. But the thing is, they are giving a lot of niccas section 8 vouchers, and they are moving way out to the valley, in those homes in Brentwood, Antioch, stockton area and making life miserable in those areas. What's wrong with these people??? In ten years, west and north Oakland will be nearly white. In east Oakland those homes on 98th, 300k Pulte homes??? FULL of crime. You can't have shyt in that place. I'll never go back

please do expand...i always heard about B's and c's catching fades when they tried to bring that shyt to the bay....
but i never knew quik tried to make a name for himself like that

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
jesus christ, i'm visiting the bay area for the first time in may (staying in oakland close to lake merritt), didn't know shyt was THAT bad in the town. guess i got the wrong idea from past movements like the panthers and occupy. i could stay in memphis and deal with the same fukkery

Basically:snoop:

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
It's close, if not number one. Top 3. I don't see how people can raise their fam there. Piedmont, rock ridge, Montclair I can do because the white folks take care of their area. Most of them niccas and Mexicans have Oakland in ruins.

Even in those areas white folks gettin they doors kicked in. shyt's a b & e hub. Cold part is the po don't even take the reports anymore even in them nice areas. It ain't no warzone like off in the turf, but the bullsh1t still pop where muthafvckas is payin all that bread. That parademic got shot in the head on Keller, told police somebody tried to jack him at the stop sign.....Yeah bruh, the last days in the town, sh1t.....damn near everywhere.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
please do expand...i always heard about B's and c's catching fades when they tried to bring that shyt to the bay....
but i never knew quik tried to make a name for himself like that

Thats why Quik made that song, "Just Like Compton". Man that was 20 years ago. All I've heard is some Los Angeles niccas caught the beats in West Oakland, and I mean them niccas ran into a buzz saw lol

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Even in those areas white folks gettin they doors kicked in. shyt's a b & e hub. Cold part is the po don't even take the reports anymore even in them nice areas. It ain't no warzone like off in the turf, but the bullsh1t still pop where muthafvckas is payin all that bread. That parademic got shot in the head on Keller, told police somebody tried to jack him at the stop sign.....Yeah bruh, the last days in the town, sh1t.....damn near everywhere.

I was reading about that this morning smh

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Basically:snoop:

You should be good in that area. They are gentrifying that entire Lake area, just don't get bold and try to head EAST (for the directionally challenged, from 1st Ave-109th ave. few years ago, I met a young black dude from Memphis who moved downtown to these new condos (100 Grand is tha address). He had just gotten out of college (my aunt lives in Germantown, that's how we started talking). In his thick, southern drawl this nicca asked me, "say mane, what is it to do out here mane". I looked at that nicca like like :what::demonic::merchant::whoa: stay in YOUR area. Don't get ballsy. Stay away from EAST Oakland. But quiet as kept, Memohis is probably WORSE than Oakland, that ain't no shyt neither

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
You should be good in that area. They are gentrifying that entire Lake area, just don't get bold and try to head EAST (for the directionally challenged, from 1st Ave-109th ave. few years ago, I met a young black dude from Memphis who moved downtown to these new condos (100 Grand is tha address). He had just gotten out of college (my aunt lives in Germantown, that's how we started talking). In his thick, southern drawl this nicca asked me, "say mane, what is it to do out here mane". I looked at that nicca like like :what::demonic::merchant::whoa: stay in YOUR area. Don't get ballsy. Stay away from EAST Oakland. But quiet as kept, Memohis is probably WORSE than Oakland, that ain't no shyt neither

Their similarities are uncanny.

There is a spot out here Raleigh-Frayser/North Memphis that they basically
nick-named "The Bay" No surprise. And I think the reason why Memphis may be worse because it's smaller and the infrastructure is horrible.
Unkept areas, abandoned houses, buildings, and blight. Just like Oakland, but smaller:sadcam:

Aunt from Germantown. That area has gotten bad too, but that don't play that shyt out in Bartlett tho!

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
shyts been outta control lately out there also....Hella gang related shootings n stabbings all up in the news.

Yeah my boy just got killed down the street from me at 711. 2 dudes were on a robbing spree and tried to jack his new whip, he tried to put it in gear and they got him like 3 times. I heard the sirens n shyt too, wake up the next morning and find out its my Patna :ld:

Sj is getting a little more dangerous these days
San Jose: Man fatally shot at 7-eleven store parking lot | abc7news.com