Anybody from Milwaukee on here? how long yall being wearing Cartier glasses?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Gangsta Boo

Gangsta%20Boo%20-%20Enquiring%20Minds%20rear.jpg

When_the_Smoke_Clears.jpg

Juicy J

51Y4V92QSML.jpg

La Chat

71V-ifCpDKL._SL1086_.jpg

Also Pimp C

eitHXtESFinSBdGZc2p8

Master P

image-asset.jpeg

Both Detroit and Milwaukee just late. :yeshrug:

By two decades.

They acting like white hipsters who discovered chopped cheese.
Salute to master p for those classic Giverny's but lol @ flexing them fukkin wires like that's even part of the trend we're discussing. Y'all really exposing how goofy you are on the subject.

Find me whole clubs or neighborhoods rocking buffs or woods before detroit. I was getting stunted on at emu trying to flex Versaces and FREDs in 2002 before I got my money up. Nobody got this shyt into the culture like the D.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Salute to master p for those classic Giverny's but lol @ flexing them fukkin wires like that's even part of the trend we're discussing. Y'all really exposing how goofy you are on the subject.

Find me whole clubs or neighborhoods rocking buffs or woods before detroit. I was getting stunted on at emu trying to flex Versaces and FREDs in 2002 before I got my money up. Nobody got this shyt into the culture like the D.
Bro, don’t nobody know what whole hoods are doing because everyone ain’t living everywhere. The people with followers, clout and fame are the face of trends and I think P, Three Six and currently, Quavo when I think Cartier shades, not Detroit :russ:

This coming from someone who ain’t even deep into this shyt and on the other side of the country. Us casuals in other sides of the country don’t see Detroit when we see this

invalid

Banned
Daps
Do you have pics of an entire hood in these places rocking them.

Focusing on just rappers is misleading.

These rappers were poppin 20-25 years ago. I can't post pictures from the hoods of Memphis, Louisiana and Houston because at the time, I was a child in elementary school in an affluent Chicago suburb. But I do remember listening to Three Six and Pimp C in 6th grade and middle school rap about Cartier shades.

And lo and behold, all of these other rappers of the same time period are wearing them

We know rappers take part in trends and inspire them.

Biggie with Coogie Sweaters
Lil Jon with Diamond Encrusted Goblets

I had coogies and goblets and I'm from a Chi burb that resembles Bronxville in your area.

If all of these rappers from the south are all rocking Cartier frames, it most likely was a trend.
Now if you want to know if regular nikkas in Memphis, Nola, and Houston were rocking Cartis (which is what they called them back then), then you need to ask folks from them cities.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Bro, don’t nobody know what whole hoods are doing because everyone ain’t living everywhere. The people with followers, clout and fame are the face of trends and I think P, Three Six and currently, Quavo when I think Cartier shades, not Detroit :russ:

This coming from someone who ain’t even deep into this shyt and on the other side of the country. Us casuals in other sides of the country don’t see Detroit when we see this
You not qualified to talk about it then :manny:

invalid

Banned
Daps

Exactly !!! :heh:

These nikkas asking me..."well was the crack head in front of the corner store rocking buffs like the crackheads here in Detroit."

:dead:

nikka if you don't getcho goofy ass...

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
FWIW I went down the vintage sunglass rabbit hole a few months ago and etsy actually has a nice lil selection of cartiers at nice prices.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
These rappers were poppin 20-25 years ago. I can't post pictures from the hoods of Memphis, Louisiana and Houston because at the time, I was a child in elementary school in an affluent Chicago suburb. But I do remember listening to Three Six and Pimp C in 6th grade and middle school rap about Cartier shades.

And lo and behold, all of these other rappers of the same time period are wearing them

We know rappers take part in trends and inspire them.

Biggie with Coogie Sweaters
Lil Jon with Diamond Encrusted Goblets

I had coogies and goblets and I'm from a Chi burb that resembles Bronxville in your area.

If all of these rappers from the south are all rocking Cartier frames, it most likely was a trend.
Now if you want to know if regular nikkas in Memphis, Nola, and Houston were rocking Cartis (which is what they called them back then), then you need to ask folks from them cities.

nikkaz in Detroit was wearing cartier before rap lmao, where do you think those rappers got it from when they came to D or Detroit nikkaz in they city,
Dope boys in the 80s were wearing buffs and came up with the name Buffs, shyt had nothing to do with rap, why people in Detroit wore them, nikkaz always wore that shyt before rap was even popular, this where rappers literally got them from, and the shyt they wearing is weak as fukk in those pictures lmao

Coogie sweaters come from the midwest, the Bad Boy Pistons was wearing them before Biggie ever did lmao, he came to Detroit and started wearing them just like muary shoes and shyt lmao just like the pelle pelle coats and snit

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Milwaukee :skip:

Milwaukee don’t even have a black culture they let all those Chicago gangbangers come up there and set up shop. nikkaz from Detroit don’t even go there to visit for a weekend and it’s right next door.

Name me one thing Milwaukee has brought to black culture and I’ll wait. Whole state only known for fat alcoholic white folks :scust:

Damba

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This fat funky ass nikka even tries to talk like us. His entire accent and vernacular is of Southeastern Michigan.
:mjlol:

No one gives two fukks about a Milwaukee.
Rednecks do, all that cheap ass beer they make in Milwaukee
:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of these nikkaz don't know that buffs mean buffalo horn and think just having white frames mean you got on buffs lmao

they don't even make the buffalo horn anywhere that's the funny part, so a lot of nikkaz is fronting even muthafukkaz from Detroit with fake ass glasses

thinking they maserati rick and shyt lmao

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Most of these nikkaz don't know that buffs mean buffalo horn and think just having white frames mean you got on buffs lmao

they don't even make the buffalo horn anywhere that's the funny part, so a lot of nikkaz is fronting even muthafukkaz from Detroit with fake ass glasses

thinking they maserati rick and shyt lmao
They still make buffalo horn in their 2022 catalog

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

This is not really true.

If you don’t travel you don’t know what other people in hoods are doing but if you do then you know what’s up.

people travel enough to know what’s poppin in other cities so I gotta disagree here