Any Of You Post On ResetEra, the Neo-GAF Reboot?

Daps
I no longer post there, my third and last account being banned a month ago, but I still visit the forum because it's a very fast and accessible aggregator of gaming news. Anyway, it's reviled around the internet for being a bastion of liberalism, supposedly home to the worst of the SJWs, the hyper aggressive militant liberalism that the alt-right deems the bane of American exceptionalism. I've always found that criticism laughable, being a frequent visitor who knew the prevailing liberal sentiment of its community always seemed to take a breather whenever it came to anti-black racism.

It's not that they're openly hostile towards black people or even fail to defend us when racism comes up, but the defense always reaches a certain limit, being more performative than substantive. They'll display compulsory outrage when a black child has the police called on her for selling lemonade, yet turn around and patronize black members who think Liam Neeson is a racist, questioning their inability to extend a hand of forgiveness to a man who casually reminisced about the time he almost lynched a black man.

Anyway, this thread should tell you all you need to know about where black people stand on that forum. That it isn't locked, despite being a fitting topic for discussion on st0rmfr0nt, is evidence enough that black people really aren't welcome there.

We're all somewhat familiar with cultural appropriation by white people, but are there instances of cultural appr. by non-white people/minorities?

:mjpls:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There are actually a lot of black people who post there. Some of them post here, like Frozenprince (I don't know his username here).

Even then, gaming forums are :mjpls:

Especially when they complain about black characters or talk about IRL topics

I don't visit any of them

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i have an account there, but i dont use it anymore. i jumped on because the toku community went there, but the overall site went overboard with the quickness

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I consider myself a pretty liberal person but they are insufferable. Literally everything is offensive. Folks like them are why people say liberals are humorless and bland. They haven't created anything. No memes, no meta jokes, smileys, nothing. As a community they're motivated purely by outrage over someone who is racist, transphobic,homophobic, etc. Threads about anything else just get ignored. They're an awful 'community'

Last edited:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
If you say you're not attracted to transwoman, they ban you for being transphobic. :mjlol:

I saw a thread about Chris pratt's church being put on blast by Ellen page and the whole thread was on some 'yaasss queen' shyt instead of anyone asking why its anyone's business what kind of church he goes to if hes a professional and treats his gay costars with respect.

Its basically just an echo chamber.