Any Of Ya'll PS5's Brick Yet?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm hearing more news about series x bricks than ps5 bricks, but thay might be because all news surrounding the ps5 has to do with the difficulty of finding one.

Spiderman remaster might be fukked up, so avoid it for now.
:yeshrug:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not a brick, but I have an issue with my PS5 (and PS4 Pro) with my TV (Vizio M-Series Quantum). When booting up the PS5, there is no picture, just a black screen. I have to reboot the TV for it to work. Both consoles work fine on my other TV, and the Xbox works fine on the same set, so I think its a firmware issue. Might have to factory reset the thing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm hearing more news about series x bricks than ps5 bricks, but thay might be because all news surrounding the ps5 has to do with the difficulty of finding one.

Spiderman remaster might be fukked up, so avoid it for now.
:yeshrug:
No diss but this is a perfect example of the bubbles we live in.

Xbox is sold out and just as hard to get a hold of as PS5

There’s just as much if not more reports of PS5 fukkery, as you mentioned there’s a specific bug bricking PS5s

New hardware will always have these reports when literally millions of people use it for the first time.

Console wars just makes people believe/disbelieve what they want to :francis:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No diss but this is a perfect example of the bubbles we live in.

Xbox is sold out and just as hard to get a hold of as PS5

There’s just as much if not more reports of PS5 fukkery, as you mentioned there’s a specific bug bricking PS5s

New hardware will always have these reports when literally millions of people use it for the first time.

Console wars just makes people believe/disbelieve what they want to :francis:
I agree with you. I dont know why the news surrounding each system is different when they both seem to be having the same problems with defective units and scarcity.

You'd think the series x was in abundance and had a high defect rate going by the news surrounding the console.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree with you. I dont know why the news surrounding each system is different when they both seem to be having the same problems with defective units and scarcity.

You'd think the series x was in abundance and had a high defect rate going by the news surrounding the console.
Sony stans :wow:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Not a brick, but I have an issue with my PS5 (and PS4 Pro) with my TV (Vizio M-Series Quantum). When booting up the PS5, there is no picture, just a black screen. I have to reboot the TV for it to work. Both consoles work fine on my other TV, and the Xbox works fine on the same set, so I think its a firmware issue. Might have to factory reset the thing.
tell me how this goes. I have the same problem. I thought the system is bricked but its just a black screen firmware issue i believe.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All the reports about consoles being fukked are like teh same 3 instances.

I saw like 10 articles and twitter post about the one ACG console and 100 more for the ps5 overheating in the glass case. One console gets fukked due to spider-man and its mass hysteria.

Ya’ll know millions of these things sold, right?

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

I have the same issue with my tv sometimes I just hit the input button and switch back til it works
Same tv as yours

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
I have the same issue with my tv sometimes I just hit the input button and switch back til it works
Same tv as yours

I spoke to a Sony rep and it turns out switching the PS5 into 1080P mode makes it work. It seems like it is a TV issue as opposed to a SONY hardware issue. Some tvs dont support hdmi 2.1 so we are stuck with 2.0

ever since i changed the resolution setting to 1080p, i do not get a black screen any more.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the reports about consoles being fukked are like teh same 3 instances.

I saw like 10 articles and twitter post about the one ACG console and 100 more for the ps5 overheating in the glass case. One console gets fukked due to spider-man and its mass hysteria.

Ya’ll know millions of these things sold, right?

doesn’t mean squat if I get the one that doesn’t work so yes I appreciate these stories as they keep me abreast of the situation...I’m a consumer not a corporation

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I spoke to a Sony rep and it turns out switching the PS5 into 1080P mode makes it work. It seems like it is a TV issue as opposed to a SONY hardware issue. Some tvs dont support hdmi 2.1 so we are stuck with 2.0

ever since i changed the resolution setting to 1080p, i do not get a black screen any more.

damn...this is good to know...the games still show in 4K tho right?

this reminds me of the issue I had when I first hooked my X1 up to my projector...output was still 4K but I had to change a setting to 1080 so it would “play nice” with my projector...this was bcuz the dashboard was in 1080

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I don't know if I believe putting it in 1080p mode is the issue. You use the TV to take advantage of 4K, so going back down to 1080p is an issue. Not supporting HDMI 2.1 is fine, but I've used the TV with my PS4 Pro for several months before this issue started happening. The only thing I remember changing about the TV is upgrading the firmware. Besides, the picture quality of the XSX has worked fine since Tuesday. No issues viewing the picture.

I tried booting up my PS5 a couple of times throughout the day and just now. The picture shows up fine.

Last edited: