• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Stop playing dumb. You know damn well whether you a feminist or not. You just scared to admit it cause you know it's retarded

No breh, get out your own world view/ego and read what I said.

I explained what I mean very clearly, you’re the one playing dumb. Or you really are :hubie:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bar is fairly low. i believe in the strength, intelligence, and beauty of women

Im not with the “stay in yo lane” mentality when it comes to women.

But I do think there are differences that women should embrace . And do believe that this sexual liberation shyt has hurt thier cause and goal for equality. They seem to champion really shytty ppl just cause. And feminist adapt many bad parts of masculnity that kind of defeats the purpose of the movement.

All that to say prolly not. At least to the hardcore jawns.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What is feminism?
323888.jpg

friend.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
you got a lot of Katy Perry type feminists that wear their morals like a cosplay suit. so you can't even really identify with them even if you support progress. Alot of women don't want whats best for women they just have herd mentality and are going through an empowerment phase. it sounds good to be part of the sisterhood, it's one of those win win titles you can put on your insta bio.

like women that say they want a partner but will glady quit their job and sit at home with no kids talking about they're homesteading. :what:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I believe that men and women are equal; but biologically, socially, and mentally different. We are not interchangeable, and our parts are not interchangeable. So we are not the same, but we are equally important to the maintenance of our society and species. I do not believe a man can be a woman, though he can claim he is one; neither do I believe that a woman can be a man, though she can claim she is one.

I.E. I believe in the old ways before the explosion of pronouns and the you can claim you are anything you desire state society is moving towards. It is your right to make all of the claims, but I believe no one is under any obligation to accept your claims and play along.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I also tend to think it's weird that a man would self identify as a feminist. It makes me feel the same way when women say the don't get along with other girls. I think that there are differences between us and we should celebrate them. We're also equal, but we are different.

I do understand that Western ideas of gender are derived from European constructs and in a modern society I understand why we should challenge them. Men can be caregivers. In fact, there are many men that are more nurturing than their female counterparts. Women should be able to pursue a career and be independent.

As mentioned before though many of these women that take on feminist ideals want to inherit masculine traits and get upset with mother nature that they can't operate like men (i.e. releasing oxytocin during sex therefore getting more attached to men which mean they CAN'T sleep around, biological clock so they have to choose between a career and being a parent at a certain age).

I also believe some women want the good parts of womanhood and the movement being more progressive all while not accepting the negative aspects. I really can't blame them though because our construction of gender in the West tends to infantalize women and the men (at least patriarchy for white men / women) were there to "protect" their womanhood.

This infantilization means they can get away with more stuff, but people are starting to call it out.

If anything I do align with many ideas of intersectional feminism because it does address the intersects of class and race (i.e. white women have agency and power in the "patriarchy" of "others" in Western society) and some parts of 2nd Wave Feminism which challenges gender roles, but third wave I get annoyed with because it tends to take the interests of white women (abortion rights, sex shaming, etc) ahead of everything else. 4th Wave may be more introspective but I don't know. I simply try to treat people well.

Last edited:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
All this babble and nobody could post a definition.:comeon:

First result from Google: “Feminist = an advocate of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes; a person who supports feminism.”

Yes I’m a feminist

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
All this babble and nobody could post a definition.:comeon:

First result from Google: “Feminist = an advocate of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes; a person who supports feminism.”

Yes I’m a feminist
Aight let me babble some more

What does being an "advocate" or a "supporter" mean?

Does it only take to say "I support it" and boom you're a feminist or does it take action? If you say you support it but are violating women on the side as a lot of men do including self-declared male feminists, are you really a feminist?

I don't consider myself a feminist because even though I agree with the basic principles, I don't do shyt for feminist causes and I'm still ignorant about a lot of its theory :yeshrug:

And according to some feminists it seems that just by existing, especially as a man, I'm necessarily contributing to the reproduction of the patriarchal system that oppresses them. Which tbh I don't really care deeply about :yeshrug:

So what does that make me? I don't think it's a cut and dry answer for most people.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
believe it or not most feminists I’ve met are pretty cool to talk to and fairly chill. It’s the pseudo/fake ones that make it unbearable to reason with or talk to. The ones that complain about the patriarchy but want you to pay for everything because you are a man.

Overall I support the movement but I don’t take most seriously at all. A lot of the pseudo feminists don’t hate patriarchy they just hate their current place in it. From my observation.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
No. What legal rights do men have, that women don’t? What companies pay women less for doing the same job and working the same hours as a man?