Anti-Scalping bill proposed by Democrats

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Actually I think eBay will be fine, they've been around long before this artificial resale boom.

It's those sites like Stockx that will feel the effects of this because they are being secretly supplied and backed by the companies that are creating the resale markets.
Yeah true but who shops there? I haven’t been on eBay since 2010 and I sell everything on stockx usually.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah true but who shops there? I haven’t been on eBay since 2010 and I sell everything on stockx usually.

eBay is good if you want an older product that is only periodically available, for example I bought a throwback authentic NFL jersey from 1998 on it months ago, no way I would have gotten that on Stockx unless it was Mitchell & Ness. Stockx is usually for new releases or things that have come out in the last 5 years really.

It's also good for mechanical parts that are unavailable on Amazon, stuff you don't mind if it's used, so on and so forth. Sneakers and clothes are really not that big in comparison to the vast amount of stuff available on eBay, and I think very few people really use it for video games and consoles. Stockx is eating solely off of that

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

This sounds kinda lit but anti-american. :patrice:

Yeah, if the businesses wanted to stop scalping, they could easily just place a 1 per person limit and require in store purchases like they do whenever a really popular phone comes out.
This doesn't need legslation just needs better customer service from Sony and them. Yeah you guarentee to sell out your inventory, but your popularity will wane if you let dudes hoard your shyt and force everyone else outside of the most hardcore to find other hobbies.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yeah, if the businesses wanted to stop scalping, they could easily just place a 1 per person limit and require in store purchases like they do whenever a really popular phone comes out.
This doesn't need legslation just needs better customer service from Sony and them. Yeah you guarentee to sell out your inventory, but your popularity will wane if you let dudes hoard your shyt and force everyone else outside of the most hardcore to find other hobbies.

if they do 1 per person and/or only make it available at one spot, ie sony/nintendo/etc's website...that could potentially work

but it's still pretty easy to game the 1 per person if it's based off emails and not address, and even then it's still gameable.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
if they do 1 per person and/or only make it available at one spot, ie sony/nintendo/etc's website...that could potentially work

but it's still pretty easy to game the 1 per person if it's based off emails and not address, and even then it's still gameable.
Thats why i said require instore purchasing.People camp out for hours for these things. it would be impossible to hoard them unless you pay people for their spot in line.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Thats why i said require instore purchasing.People camp out for hours for these things. it would be impossible to hoard them unless you pay people for their spot in line.

you'd be surprised.

when i waited in line for the SNES mini a woman had her kids and used to them to get a system voucher each

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It's about increasing scarcity thus driving up the prices.

If you want to use game Consoles, it hurts Sony because people are now spending money they could on games or accessories only to pad the pockets of third party sellers.

Capital is finite for consumers.
That's ridiculous to say. For one, the people who buying from scalpers are still going to buy those games and accessories. And if it hurt Sony, they would put a stop to it.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with this. Too much greed, put these fake ass hustlers to rest. Too many kids and just ppl in general miss out on experiences cause clowns want to stock up and jack up the prices on a product they didn't have no hand in creating. Imagine not being able to get your son a ps5 because the clown down the street using bots to buy them by the load.