Anti-Scalping bill proposed by Democrats

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
No it's not. There are ways for companies to combat bots if they really wanted to but they don't. And if people didn't buy from scalpers, there wouldn't be a market for it. We have real issues that need to be addressed not being able to buy a PS5 is not one of them:camby:
There's a market for scalpers because they use bots that cause scarcity

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's a market cause companies don't care. They have plenty of tools to combat mass purchases but choose not to. The same thing was happening with sneakers long before bots were even a thing.

All the losses I've taken on sneakers this year:mjcry:

I just wanted the chocolate Jordan 1s:mjcry:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
No it's not. There are ways for companies to combat bots if they really wanted to but they don't. And if people didn't buy from scalpers, there wouldn't be a market for it. We have real issues that need to be addressed not being able to buy a PS5 is not one of them:camby:
I'm with you and not with you on this. Retailers like Amazon could absolutely stop this if they wanted to. They have tens of thousands of engineers problem solving all types of shyt everyday. For example, when fake buyer reviews became an issue they found ways to combat it.

Where I disagree is you saying the government has no role in regulating. Consumer protection is a thing and Congress is more than capable of focusing on several issues at once. It's why they have committees. This proposed bill though? I don't see how it would even work if their focus is going to be on the bots.

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps

This sounds kinda lit but anti-american. :patrice:

Do you mean anti-capitalistic?

Can't be greedy forever, especially with next year's forecast is nothing but inflation and item shortages. This will make sure people with the (Most money) can eat and not the smart poor person.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nikka this ain’t only about PlayStations. This scalping shyt has gone TOO far I was dealing with it with the sneaker releases and now that shyt trickled down to everything else. I 100% support this shyt because this creates a false demand and in turn it makes retail prices go up. Some of u nikkas have zero foresight forreal. Step away from the console wars for a second. U wanna purchase some shyt. And the shyt is gone before u click add to cart. Do u have kids? It’s a fukking nightmare trying to shop for your kids now. Nothing is available. And what do people do? Get desperate and cop resale. shyt is literally like stealinf inventory and selling it back to people.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
We’re lobbying bills so Timmy can play his PS5 on Christmas? So he can rock fresh J’s in a timely fashion?

Give me a break. :mjlol::camby:
Person above you clearly explained why this is an issue :comeon:. And bills are given "cute" names like this to gain the public's attention/support. It's not about Christmas and PlayStations. Some of yall are probably under the impression this is regular folk reselling on Craigslist as a side hustle. No. This is sophisticated software murking inventory in the hundreds of thousands and artificially driving up costs lmao. It starts with concert tickets, consoles and shoes but ends where?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Person above you clearly explained why this is an issue :comeon:. And bills are given "cute" names like this to gain the public's attention/support. It's not about Christmas and PlayStations. Some of yall are probably under the impression this is regular folk reselling on Craigslist as a side hustle. No. This is sophisticated software murking inventory in the hundreds of thousands and artificially driving up costs lmao. It starts with concert tickets, consoles and shoes but ends where?

Right, this doesn’t impact essential items. Mostly frivolous shyt.

nikkas really went to congress because PS5 and whatever flavor-of-the-month toys are OOS and being price hiked in secondary markets. :dead:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
nikka this ain’t only about PlayStations. This scalping shyt has gone TOO far I was dealing with it with the sneaker releases and now that shyt trickled down to everything else. I 100% support this shyt because this creates a false demand and in turn it makes retail prices go up. Some of u nikkas have zero foresight forreal. Step away from the console wars for a second. U wanna purchase some shyt. And the shyt is gone before u click add to cart. Do u have kids? It’s a fukking nightmare trying to shop for your kids now. Nothing is available. And what do people do? Get desperate and cop resale. shyt is literally like stealinf inventory and selling it back to people.
What essential items are you unable to buy due to "bots"? Stealing inventory:mjlol::mjlol:? How is it stealing when they are paying the company for the item? If the company didn't want this type of behavior to take place, they could stop it but they dont care as long as they are getting their money.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What essential items are you unable to buy due to "bots"? Stealing inventory:mjlol::mjlol:? How is it stealing when they are paying the company for the item? If the company didn't want this type of behavior to take place, they could stop it but they dont care as long as they are getting their money.
nikka companies weren’t prepared for this type of shyt initially. On top of that. They WERE doing it with essentials at one point? U don’t remember the beginning of the pandemic. U OBVIOUSLY don’t have any kids or any of that shyt. Cause like I said. Come Christmas time. It’s a fukking nightmare trying to get them gifts. Especially depending on the age. U nikkas always wanna argue the opposite of shyt on here it’s fukking retarded. Who other than resellers supports this type of shyt?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
No and I don't support them. It's why I got out the sneaker game. But I don't knock them for doing it. If people didn't buy from them or if companies didn't care, they wouldn't exist:yeshrug:.

If the government cracked down on bots people could get what they want for retail instead of paying out to scalpers. Bots are anti-consumer and if the companies won't take care of the problem this bill would be a step in the right direction.

It reminds me of people buying COD every year and everyone else just says "oh we gotta boycott COD so they stop making them yearly". Individual people only have so much reach.