Anti-Scalping bill proposed by Democrats

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
anyone know how successful that BB and I think GS programs are where you have to pay a premium just to actually buy a PS5, etc.?

I imagine if other stores did the same and made the price ludicrous enough that would help stop scalpers to an extent...but that's also a form of scalping on the store's side..

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Don't buy from scalpers? if they keep doing it is because there's a market for it which means most people don't have a problem with it.

Free market and all that.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Don't buy from scalpers? if they keep doing it is because there's a market for it which means most people don't have a problem with it.

Free market and all that.
i mean commnon sense, and I'm sure the majority, if not all of the arcadium aren't buying from scalpers, but some peeps desperate for the ps5, nes mini, even spiderman tickets fix

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Why stop the artificial demand? It boosts sales on all fronts.
It's about increasing scarcity thus driving up the prices.

If you want to use game Consoles, it hurts Sony because people are now spending money they could on games or accessories only to pad the pockets of third party sellers.

Capital is finite for consumers.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Once that story about the Nike president's son broke and it revealed that the actual company's CEOs and family members were in on the reselling I knew this would happen.

Companies are intentionally creating a resale market to generate interest and embezzlement. There should be a legal audit system in place

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I guarantee eBay is trying to lobby this bill as we speak
It would kill their business
Not that i care anyway :lolbron:
A better bill would be to force selling sites to put a price cap on items
Can’t be over 50 on the retail price or something like that :yeshrug:
It would kill the whole culture and they would be forced to go to Craigslist or sketchy sites
The bot isn’t the problem the motivation behind their use is
I would love a bot that just buys 1 item for me when it’s available. But old politicians are going to attack tech when they can :shaq2:

Actually I think eBay will be fine, they've been around long before this artificial resale boom.

It's those sites like Stockx that will feel the effects of this because they are being secretly supplied and backed by the companies that are creating the resale markets.