He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Anthem won’t have romance options
“The romantic stuff, we’re moving away from that for Anthem,” BioWare says
By Susana Polo@NerdGerhl Jun 9, 2018, 3:51pm EDTSHARE
vlcsnap_2018_06_09_15h00m03s698.0.jpg
BioWare/Electronic Arts
BioWare’s upcoming action-RPG Anthem will have the player collaborating with their friends, and it’ll have them forming relationships with a core cast of NPCs — but it won’t offer players the chance to get all snuggly with anyone.

Mike Gamble, Anthem’s lead producer, told Game Informer the news, likely to be wistfully received by many a fan of BioWare’s famously amorous franchises like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

“There are no romances,” Gamble said, “There are friendships. Some of the stuff we did with Mass Effect — the Citadel DLC specifically — there was a lot of friendship moments. You and Garrus sitting up, shooting — that kind of stuff, we want to lean into that. The romantic stuff, we’re moving away from that for Anthem.”

In Anthem, players will take on the role of a Freelancer, a mercenary class who uses advanced mechanized suits to defeat strange mutated beasts and other threats to Fort Tarsis, the game’s home base. You’ll be able to team up with other players to complete multiplayer missions in the overworld, but many aspects of the story of Anthem will be unique to your character — including your relationships with NPCs.

Sorry, BioWare fans, Anthem’s just not that into you.

--------------------

They kind of ruined it with the romances in Andromeda so I am not that mad :yeshrug:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Looks nice. Hope there's an option to turn off those damn numbers smh

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That ea play was a joke. fukk these dudes :camby:

I'm thinking I'm going to play the game they got is in a room Watching a demo in front of a big monitor. shyts just so they can film footage for anpress kit.

Live Nation gave a bunch of black folks jobs which was good to see and I believe every woman that worked there had a fat ass :dwillhuh:.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
shyt is online only :mjlol: why were they talking about you can create your own Single player experience
plenty of games that can be played singleplayer with no missing content are always online :francis: i've been hating on anthem since it was first revealed but some of these reaches are long

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I know. :dahell:

Anyway the game looks like fun and I can see pieces of Andromeda all over this game. I wish the demo was a little smoother instead of them constantly switching perspectives. They could have done one demo from one perspective and posted the others online. I still feel uneasy but hopefully we get more game play trailers down the road.
When were you there.

Shoulda done a damn coli roll call out that bytch.

Shout out to the slim pawgs and Latinas workin that anthem line. :takedat:

I wasn't impressed by the demo.

Had nice expl0s1ons but game lacks destruction and ragdoll doll physics. I think it's going to need both to keep my attention

Boss battles are straight up Division bullet sponge city . Meh. Woulda been nice if as you wear the enemy down you see the effects on it's body. Game is going to be a bullet sponge grind fest where you just try to combo supers.

Giveey ragdoll physics and destruction or fukk outta here.

Will cop if they have a nice laundry list of boss battles

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Im kneeling for this anthem too. Finna be trash

COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO