Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read anything overtly negative about the movie. The worst thing I've seen people say is it's like "Star Wars", weird, a bit hard to follow, and starts off kinda slow.

Not much overlap between the criticisms so I'm not seeing a consensus on what the issues are.

The only constant in every review is, Majors/Kang is great.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The Social Media embargo lifted last night & the reactions are actually pretty mixed so far.

Jonathan Majors is getting praise for his performance as Kang though which is honestly the most important thing.

Sounding like Majors saving this joint from being the usual mid.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Someone compared it to Ragnarok. That's not really an insult as I liked Ragnarok.

Now if they compared it to Love and Thunder, I'm getting a fuqqing refund asap. :scusthov:

Wasn't a big fan of Ragnarok either. Thor is too goofy now in the MCU. But Ragnarok did display the levels of his true power for once which was appreciated.

REALLY hate what they did to HULK since Whedon left and it continued in Ragnarok. Hopefully someone gets the real HULK back.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Wasn't a big fan of Ragnarok either. Thor is too goofy now in the MCU. But Ragnarok did display the levels of his true power for once which was appreciated.

REALLY hate what they did to HULK since Whedon left and it continued in Ragnarok. Hopefully someone gets the real HULK back.
I blame universal for that. We couldn't even get a proper hulk movie outside of Nortons either, smh.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I blame universal for that. We couldn't even get a oroper hulk movie outside of Nortons either, smh.

Norton's joint was solid (and was MCU :ohhh: )

But Whedon's Hulk >>>>>>>>> the trash Hulk we've had since he left.

But as far as Kang Dog, knew Majors would beast. But it sounds like he's the highlight of a mid movie. Still seeing of course, but I'm definitely going mid day matinee.

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
I haven't read anything overtly negative about the movie. The worst thing I've seen people say is it's like "Star Wars", weird, a bit hard to follow, and starts off kinda slow.

Not much overlap between the criticisms so I'm not seeing a consensus on what the issues are.

The only constant in every review is, Majors/Kang is great.

Fred.
Read the same, everyone loving majors performance

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like that’s what the villain has been doing for damn near all the phase 4 joints I watched :francis:

Villains make the best comic book movies. Wack villains usually end up with mid at best movies.

What's funny is the main complaint for the MCU was the villains were wack, leading up to "Infinity War". For like 90% of the movies.

So if a villain carries the movie now :manny: I'm cool with that.

Fred.