Another School Shooting :snoop: Nashville 3 children, 3 adults dead. Female (Tranny) shooter dead

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I’m not comparing tragedies.
I just had a thought.

It was reported that Mamie Till’s decision to have her son Emmett in an open casket, and to let the world see what was done to her son, was a powerful image and message that, in part, lit a fire under many people to finally start making changes in the decades that followed.

That’s what I’ve read anyway.

I wonder if, as sad and sickening and perhaps cruel as it may be, if perhaps it’s going to take the parent of one of these dead kids to publicize a child corpse for the people of this country to do something about these shootings.

And maybe I’m out of line for saying it.
I really do apologize. But we are all sick of these shootings. Something has to give.

I said the same thing after Sandy Hook. I get the reasons against it but it’s better than this reality where people deny it even happened.

Last edited:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
There needs to be a federal law enforcement agency specifically to protect educational institutions. Similar to Customs Officers, but for schools and with an investigative wing. Make them GS-12’s and call it a day.

With all of the money that we send Nazis in UKKKraine, this could’ve been done ten times over. Congress needs to do something. Both sides are full of shyt and sitting on their thumbs. And NO, outright banning firearms is not the solution. That would leave only criminals with guns, and that would be a disaster.

Extremely strict regulation and monitoring, YES. Outright ban, NO.

This is all what it comes to. They’re Pumping all That money to Ukraine when this country bleeding with problems.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
White people don't know how to behave when things aren't going their own way.

Expect more of the same until you get better controls on the access to guns.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

What is an assault-type gun? They keep switching it up.
First it was "Assault rifle" - something with select fire you can't own without an FFL.
Then it was "Military Grade Weapons" - also, inaccurate.
Now it's "Assault Style" - Also goofy.
You can outfit a .22 or any "hunting style" firearm with parts to make it "look scary".
They should just say "2 rifles and handguns". No need for the buzzword hyping. The tragedy is enough on its' own.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I’m not comparing tragedies.
I just had a thought.

It was reported that Mamie Till’s decision to have her son Emmett in an open casket, and to let the world see what was done to her son, was a powerful image and message that, in part, lit a fire under many people to finally start making changes in the decades that followed.

That’s what I’ve read anyway.

I wonder if, as sad and sickening and perhaps cruel as it may be, if perhaps it’s going to take the parent of one of these dead kids to publicize a child corpse for the people of this country to do something about these shootings.

And maybe I’m out of line for saying it.
I really do apologize. But we are all sick of these shootings. Something has to give.
It can go both ways, I see what you mean, but knowing the fact that all of these folks are paid by gun lobbyists, I can see them going crazy against all things LGBT and still ignore the gun issue.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Good to hope
But
Reality is
No, this wouldn't move the dial

Not American, and won't profess to understand the gun culture psyche but as an outsider looking in, I don't see a light at the end of the path for this

Literal babies/kids massacred while learning in a place vast majority of people think is a safe haven from such atrocities. If that hasn't made a dent and reason for outright 180 degree change, then nothing will.

Anyone feel free to refute, challenge. Again I'm an outsider looking in :hubie:

Rip to the innocent
Not American either, but I've reached the same conclusion as you.

And personally, I feel I do understand gun culture, wanted to own one myself for some years. But this second amendment problem goes very very deep.

I was taking a U.S. government class when I first learned or even heard about the 2nd amendment, and reading straight out of the book assigned I personally thought that amendment was genius. A government that at its inception puts the fail safe at the hands of its citizens should corruption become unbearable. My mind blew in class. :wow:

But a decade + has taught me that the idea, as beautiful as it was, was heavily flawed. It failed to account for the insidiousness of corruption.