Another black politician gets the book thrown at him, Ray Nagin sentenced to 10 years in prison

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Two sets of rules. All politicians are bought and paid for....that's the name of the game. You elect politicians and back their campaigns(payola) in order for them to push the agenda you want. EVERY industry, social group and/or racial group does this.....well, except black people. Black people just vote and pray....or march.

But it's a different set of rules.....he's black, so he goes to jail. While white politicians get elected to Senate for "serving their constituents."

I think blacks should take a second to understand the context of this story. Instead of throwing another "f#ck that n#gga" party.

Peace

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
nikka who is that in your avi?

I need more pics

no clue

photo.jpg

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
heh. I was shocked but I have no clue about the deets. Can't remember the last time a politician got that much time. Even our crooked ass ex-mayor got a few years and he's been doing his shyt way longer than Nagin.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:manny: that's why I give the coli militants a hard time on here. They wanna support everything black, when black people will fukk you over just as much as a white person. Look past the color of ones skin and check their character instead.

yep i already said before, my mom always used to hire black folks to do work around the house, and time and time again they'd do a shoddy job, or take forever, or run off with her money so she stopped and now the portuguese, the italian does it to perfection.

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: former mayor here in Birmingham got caught up for the exact same thing. I'm convinced all mayors do this but the black politicians have a huge target on their backs for upsetting the balance of the good ol boy network.

same in charlotte

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
:snoop: former mayor here in Birmingham got caught up for the exact same thing. I'm convinced all mayors do this but the black politicians have a huge target on their backs for upsetting the balance of the good ol boy network.
they throw the book at Jesse Jackson Jr, Kwame Kilpatrick, Larry Langford, and now Ray Nagin,

but remember Guy Hunt and Richard Siegleman ( AL governors)?
neithers sentence was this extreme.

corruption is corruption, and i dont advocate for blacks to get away with it, but prosecution should be fair for all.

nagin was corrupt, but behind chicago and maybe LA, New Orleans is the most corrupt city in America.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
he deserved all 10 too
while i agree corruption is bad, and i am not condoning it, between LA, MS, and AL, we have some of the most corrupt politicians in history.
Guy Hunt, governor of AL
Criminal indictment, conviction and pardon
In 1992 a grand jury indicted Hunt for theft, conspiracy, and ethics violations.[2] Prosecutors said that he took $200,000 from a 1987 inaugural account and used it to buy marble showers and lawnmowers.[3][4] Hunt was ultimately found guilty. As the state constitution does not allow convicted felons to hold office, Hunt was forced to resign on April 22, 1993.[5]

After being ordered to pay $12,000, Hunt began a five year probation term in 1994. In February 1998 he asked the parole board to reduce his probation by four months; the judge instead increased the probation by five years.[6] In April 1998, having served his full sentence and paid his fine, the parole board granted Hunt a pardon.[7][8] The Pardon was never official though as it was required to be signed by a Judge and they could not find a Judge who was willing to sign it.

Don Siegelman governor AL
The 2006 conviction
On October 26, 2005, Siegelman was indicted on new charges of bribery and mail fraud in connection with Richard M. Scrushy, founder and former CEO of HealthSouth. Two former Siegelman aides were charged in the indictment as well. Siegelman was accused of trading government favors for campaign donations when he was governor from 1999 to 2003 and lieutenant governor from 1995 to 1999. Scrushy was accused of arranging $500,000 in donations to Siegelman's campaign for a state lottery fund for universal education in exchange for a seat on a state hospital regulatory board, a non-paying position. Scrushy, who had served on the state hospital regulatory board over the past three Republican administrations, had recently been acquitted of charges of securities fraud for his part in the HealthSouth Corporation fraud scandal which cost shareholders billions.[15]

Siegelman was sentenced by Judge Mark Everett Fuller to more than seven years in federal prison and a $50,000 fine.[1]

Now look at the sentence for a corrupt black politician
Larry Langford, Mayor Birmingham
SEC investigation and lawsuit
In 2007, Langford and two associates were investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for actions which occurred during his tenure as County Commission president involving allegedly illegal transactions which steered County bond business to particular companies in exchange for bribes.[20][21]

On April 30, 2008, the Securities and Exchange Commission sued Langford in federal court.[22] The lawsuit alleged Langford accepted more than $156,000 in cash and benefits from Montgomery banker Bill Blount in exchange for county bond business.[22]

After being convicted in a trial in federal court in Tuscaloosa, Alabama,[31] Langford is now serving a 15-year federal felony sentence.[2] He is an inmate #27349-001[32] at FCI Ashland, a Federal prison in Ashland, Kentucky.[33] His projected release date is listed as May 1, 2023.[33]

the black man was corrupt with less money than the whites, but received a longer sentence. i hate corruption, but if they are going to prosecute it, it should be done fairly. Until that time, I cannot support this extreme sentence.

How isnt Cheney not in prison for his scamming of the Iraq war budget and profited off of with Haliburton??
because the white racial frame does not want to prosecute those war criminals.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
while i agree corruption is bad, and i am not condoning it, between LA, MS, and AL, we have some of the most corrupt politicians in history.
Guy Hunt, governor of AL
Criminal indictment, conviction and pardon
In 1992 a grand jury indicted Hunt for theft, conspiracy, and ethics violations.[2] Prosecutors said that he took $200,000 from a 1987 inaugural account and used it to buy marble showers and lawnmowers.[3][4] Hunt was ultimately found guilty. As the state constitution does not allow convicted felons to hold office, Hunt was forced to resign on April 22, 1993.[5]

After being ordered to pay $12,000, Hunt began a five year probation term in 1994. In February 1998 he asked the parole board to reduce his probation by four months; the judge instead increased the probation by five years.[6] In April 1998, having served his full sentence and paid his fine, the parole board granted Hunt a pardon.[7][8] The Pardon was never official though as it was required to be signed by a Judge and they could not find a Judge who was willing to sign it.

Don Siegelman governor AL
The 2006 conviction
On October 26, 2005, Siegelman was indicted on new charges of bribery and mail fraud in connection with Richard M. Scrushy, founder and former CEO of HealthSouth. Two former Siegelman aides were charged in the indictment as well. Siegelman was accused of trading government favors for campaign donations when he was governor from 1999 to 2003 and lieutenant governor from 1995 to 1999. Scrushy was accused of arranging $500,000 in donations to Siegelman's campaign for a state lottery fund for universal education in exchange for a seat on a state hospital regulatory board, a non-paying position. Scrushy, who had served on the state hospital regulatory board over the past three Republican administrations, had recently been acquitted of charges of securities fraud for his part in the HealthSouth Corporation fraud scandal which cost shareholders billions.[15]

Siegelman was sentenced by Judge Mark Everett Fuller to more than seven years in federal prison and a $50,000 fine.[1]

Now look at the sentence for a corrupt black politician
Larry Langford, Mayor Birmingham
SEC investigation and lawsuit
In 2007, Langford and two associates were investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for actions which occurred during his tenure as County Commission president involving allegedly illegal transactions which steered County bond business to particular companies in exchange for bribes.[20][21]

On April 30, 2008, the Securities and Exchange Commission sued Langford in federal court.[22] The lawsuit alleged Langford accepted more than $156,000 in cash and benefits from Montgomery banker Bill Blount in exchange for county bond business.[22]

After being convicted in a trial in federal court in Tuscaloosa, Alabama,[31] Langford is now serving a 15-year federal felony sentence.[2] He is an inmate #27349-001[32] at FCI Ashland, a Federal prison in Ashland, Kentucky.[33] His projected release date is listed as May 1, 2023.[33]

the black man was corrupt with less money than the whites, but received a longer sentence. i hate corruption, but if they are going to prosecute it, it should be done fairly. Until that time, I cannot support this extreme sentence.

because the white racial frame does not want to prosecute those war criminals.

they all deserve the same
but of course we know the black dude def gone get got

Edwin Edwards got 10 too

but got out in like 8

that mafukka deserved 25 tho

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
they throw the book at Jesse Jackson Jr, Kwame Kilpatrick, Larry Langford, and now Ray Nagin,

but remember Guy Hunt and Richard Siegleman ( AL governors)?
neithers sentence was this extreme.

corruption is corruption, and i dont advocate for blacks to get away with it, but prosecution should be fair for all.

nagin was corrupt, but behind chicago and maybe LA, New Orleans is the most corrupt city in America.

Yep siegalman and hunt got off extremely light. The punishment isn't proportionate in these cases. Not excusing nagin but it's a real disconnect in terms of what's considered standard here.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
same in charlotte

What he did was beyond fukked up but you can't tell me that Patrick Cannon didn't set up in that good Ol sting operation. Dude is in office not even 4 months and had feds posing as real estate developers and offer money. Somebody had it in for him as soon as he was sworn in.