Another Black British Actor Playing A Black American?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
IMG-1583.jpg
I'm just going to start posting this:

Anytime someone wants to get some diaspora wars going.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No… you gave me an opinion, not facts… See, the fact you think you’re qualified as an African living in Canada to have authority over how black Americans should feel how our historical storyline should be depicted is disrespectful….. and implies an air of superiority like that nikka hating cracker yall yearn to be adjacent to
this ain't gonna work. you can't spin and steer to personal attacks for a distraction. what is opinion? that hollywood roles are won? auditioned for, read for? :skip:

denying reality doesn't make it go away.

I'm speaking about Hollywood of which Canadians been playing Americans long before brits. :dead:

all that shyt you yammering about is your opinion. the FACT REMAINS every movie does what it does fit for it and whoever is making it. YOUR OPINION on how they should cast is just that. YOUR OPINION. i can't tell you how to feel but you also can't tell people that they are wrong because they don't agree with you. we are still allowed to find you ridiculous and view you as sensitive. And when i speak to one of you dudes on the coli please stop pretending that you are addressing me and me you as the entire Black America. the disingenuous bullshyt you guys pull in discussions in this sub specifically is tired. same old lame tactics. trying to turn every word into a rebuke of your people. i'm talking to YOU.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this ain't gonna work. you can't spin and steer to personal attacks for a distraction. what is opinion? that hollywood roles are won? auditioned for, read for? :skip:

denying reality doesn't make it go away.

I'm speaking about Hollywood of which Canadians been playing Americans long before brits. :dead:

all that shyt you yammering about is your opinion. the FACT REMAINS every movie does what it does fit for it and whoever is making it. YOUR OPINION on how they should cast is just that. YOUR OPINION. i can't tell you how to feel but you also can't tell people that they are wrong because they don't agree with you. we are still allowed to find you ridiculous and view you as sensitive. And when i speak to one of you dudes on the coli please stop pretending that you are addressing me and me you as the entire Black America. the disingenuous bullshyt you guys pull in discussions in this sub specifically is tired. same old lame tactics. trying to turn every word into a rebuke of your people. i'm talking to YOU.

There was never a casting couch or racism in Hollywood? Let’s start at the bottom level…. :sas2:

And the fact you’re saying that calling out cultural differences is a personal attack? :smh:

You say this knowing good and goddam well that I as a black American can’t fly into Kenya and tell them how to feel about their tribe/culture without backlash is insulting

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There was never a casting couch or racism in Hollywood? Let’s start at the bottom level…. :sas2:
that doesn't mean that there wasn't auditions and readings. you are trying to make the outlier the norm for arguments sake and it's desperate. so now Black brits are getting on via casting couch and racial preference?

where are you going with this because you left Harlem far behind long ago... :dame:

stop it b.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that doesn't mean that people there wasn't auditions and readings. you are trying to make the outlier the norm for arguments sake and it's desperate. so now Black brits are getting on via casting couch and racial preference?

where are you going with this because you left Harlem far behind long ago... :dame:

stop it b.

Can I as an American nikka fly into Kenya and tell them how they should feel about their culture? :sas1:

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
What is the diaspora and how does it benefit nikkas in America?
Nope. Not engaging.

Look at the image. The majority of people HERE don't have an adversarial relationship with non fba. And a good chunk of posters are terminally online. In the real world nobody gives a fukk about black britons, Caribbean, Africans etc. To let them live rent free in their heads like some posters here.

Feel how you want to feel about black people who aren't American. I personally couldn't care less, especially since the c00ns that have caused the most damage(Thomas Sowell, Candace owens, Clarence Thomas) are born and raised in America. If you've got time for the bullshyt, go ahead and keep fighting posters here.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Americans actors could always learn to fake a British accent to get roles,if they really think its an advantage at this point. Im sure they dont mind code switching to get the job,so whats the difference?

One thing is for certain,if they ever make "The Tariq Nasheed story",I think they got their leading man. Tariq might have to make an exception:mjlol:.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You ever hear Americans or non Jamaicans do that accent justice?

That situation is acceptable because you need to get the language right to be believable as an actor.

When Idris auditioned for The Wire they didn't want any foreign actors but he hid his accent so well no one knew he wasn't American. He made them believe he was.

Don Cheadle is an amazing actor but watch him in a role where he does a British accent. It's terrible so you can't even get into his character fully because he sounds so bad. That still comes down to acting.
Idris was sounding like the RZA while his character was born and raised in West Baltimore. We let it slide because we like the show.